• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season (2004)

Rich2001

International Captain
2005 Fixtures Announced

Kent (runners up 04') face Warwickshire (Champions 04') first up, hehe at least it will be the best time to face you when your not in the grove, and our batting line up of 4 will be :huh:

What does everyone think some good matches early in the season however 79 Twenty20 matches, soon be our major compeition!

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
I wonder, is it a benefit to play all 4 home Twenty20 games in a row?
I guess 20/20 is really on your day type of game so there might not be any advantage, however I would have perfered to have all four games at home first in the sense that you would think home advantage would get you off to a flyer and basically be qualified by the 5th game, however in saying that you could just as easily say your have a better run in than the rest.

Either and anyway I doubt it will matter as iam pretty confident your qualify regardless.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well if you play on the same pitch quickly in succession that has to be an advantage over a visiting team. I hope Durham produce a decent surface to play on next year in the Twenty20 (this years was awful) - especially if it means A. McGrath gets another 10+ economy rate.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Off the top of my head some of the older players are:-

D Malcolm (Leics), P DeFreitas (Leics), J Russell (Glouc), S.James (Glam), S Rhodes (Worcs), G.Hick (Worcs), S.Udal (Hamps), Alan Mullally (Hamps)

Umm without looking that's about it :(
didn't Steve James and Devon Malcolm retire?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
True, TBH.

Threads like this which repeat every year can get confusing.

To my knowledge we've not yet had a tour where there was an *Official* CW thread which has been repeated...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Hope that thread title edit makes things a bit more obvious. :p Ha. I'll leave it open in case someone ever wants to discuss something that happened in 2004 for some strange, unknown reason... another mod can close it if they see fit.