• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In the commentary, they were lauding Plunkett and Rashid as wicket takers in the middle overs for England in the recent past.

Wood was the one getting the stick.
Ah okay then. In the bbl Curran outperformed Plunket with bat and ball by a huge amount.

I know it's a different format but the gap is always closing

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh and one more thing, wtf is Plunkett doing playing ahead of Tom Curran. Currans in white hot white ball form. Plunkett is piss
Consistently takes wickets in the middle overs. Can be expensive sometimes sure, like just about everyone these days, but his record over the last few years is really good.

Not sure why people continue to underrate him.

mr_mister

Consistently takes wickets in the middle overs. Can be expensive sometimes sure, like just about everyone these days, but his record over the last few years is really good.

Not sure why people continue to underrate him.
Maybe I'm selling old Piss bucket Plunkett a bit short.

But I've just watched them both play a lot of t20s over the last few months and I gotta say Curran looks twice the player atm.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Plunkett was pretty unimpressive in the BBL. His figures flatter him somewhat imo, lots of soft dismissals caught in the deep, especially against my lot in the Strikers, who played him truly dreadfully.

Curran looked 50 times better out here, and he can bat too, no brainer imo

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Plunkett was pretty unimpressive in the BBL. His figures flatter him somewhat imo, lots of soft dismissals caught in the deep, especially against my lot in the Strikers, who played him truly dreadfully.

Curran looked 50 times better out here, and he can bat too, no brainer imo
I don't think England need to select their team based on the BBL though. If anything I'd get Curran in for Wood who only seems to be playing because #phaaaastbowling, #pod and one good match in another format.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think England need to select their team based on the BBL though. If anything I'd get Curran in for Wood who only seems to be playing because #phaaaastbowling, #pod and one good match in another format.
Yeah true, Wood reverting back to type is a bigger issue.

Never rated Plunkett though, he strikes me as one of those bowlers (Mitch McClenaghan is another) who really shouldn't take as many wickets as they do

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congrats on winning the opener England.

Perfect example of how to chase down a big total.

350 is today's 300
Nah I'd still back defending teams to defend 360 9 out of 10 times even on the flattest of pitches.

Great win for England, made it look as routine as a chase of 360 can possibly be made to look.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
That's some attack the Windies fielded. 3 of their bowlers have bowling averages over 40 and the best of the lot, Holder, averages 33 with the ball. Bishoo and Nurse have relatively good E/R but they are not wicket takers, none of their bowlers are. It’s difficult to justify batting first if your attack is that bad.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah true, Wood reverting back to type is a bigger issue.

Never rated Plunkett though, he strikes me as one of those bowlers (Mitch McClenaghan is another) who really shouldn't take as many wickets as they do
Yeah. One of the tstotsobe and mckay types. Defs pick him over Wood though.

sunilz

International Regular
Can someone post the average runs scored by a team in first 10 overs and wickets lost since 2015 WC ? Expect Eng to top the list . Want to see where IND stands .

Crick77

Cricket Spectator
The Universe Boss Chris Gayle is back with a bang in the ODIs, brilliant knock of 135 runs with 12 Sixes.
Hope the Form remains till IPL...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Nah I'd still back defending teams to defend 360 9 out of 10 times even on the flattest of pitches.
Yes. This WI bowling is piss-poor other than Holder. They need Roach and Russell back, probably Gabriel too if they want to be aggressive. Spinners are not good at all - if they really need 3 overs of spin then Gayle can bowl. And the less said about the fielding the better.

Starfighter

Is it really a brilliant innings when you score at significantly less than the innings run/strike rate because you physically can't run and the opposition chases down your total with somewhat ridiculous ease?

Woodster

International Captain
That's some attack the Windies fielded. 3 of their bowlers have bowling averages over 40 and the best of the lot, Holder, averages 33 with the ball. Bishoo and Nurse have relatively good E/R but they are not wicket takers, none of their bowlers are. It’s difficult to justify batting first if your attack is that bad.
If you have a poor attack it’s difficult to know what to do first if you win the toss. Should they have bowled they may have been chasing over 400, therefore effective already out of the game. At least with what was an excellent total on the board they can try and build some pressure that way. Unfortunately for them, totals like this don’t phase this England team like they used to. So much nous shown in the chase and belief that they can knock it off.