• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of Sri Lanka 2018

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
All I know of this match is the current scorecard and Jon Agnew's lunchtime report of Five Live. Something along the lines of the pitch being incredibly difficult to bat on, Burns batting very well and Buttler batting brilliantly. And that 220 would be a seriously good first innings score on this track. Is that about right?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
It's not that bad a wicket at the moment wpdavid imo, but the signs are it's going to get worse quickly.

Stapel

International Regular
I think Root's and Moeen's wickets had nothing to do with the pitch. And Foakes wasn't out, really. SL on top, imho.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
220-250 runs would probably be par for first innings; SL chasing anything over 200 in the last innings day 4 would be really tough.

Its actually a nice competitive wicket.

91Jmay

International Coach
Feel like 200 is minimum but not a terrible score. Lanka batsmen aren't great against spin usually.

Groundking

International Debutant
Glad to see Burns and Buttler get a score, has it been difficult batting?

Getting past 250 would be an ok effort with them having to bat last.

91Jmay

International Coach
Ball is turning off the straight. Leach bowls accurately he should take plenty of poles. I'd feel very good about 250.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should be an interesting match. England are a nice team that way, they don't bat opponents out of the game. Just keep giving you hope and then take it away cruelly.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Perfect over. No idea why he took the single on the one before. Seems to have got the picture now though.