• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of Sri Lanka 2018

ajdude

International Coach
i can't see any conceivable way he could've caught that looking at the frame before it's in his hands, yet the next frame (which admittedly is 5 minutes later) it's clean in his hands. idk

Groundking

International Debutant
Wow he's been given another life, fantastic. Push us past 300 please Sam.

EDIT: 3rd times the charm I suppose, fair play lad great knock, and 285 is a great score I think. Get a couple early before close and things will be looking good.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't make any difference.
285 looks a brilliant score from here. Will Curran even have the energy to open the bowling?

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm seeing a lot of judging of the pitch before both sides have batted. Really that bad? Or one of these Asian wickets that's revealed to have little bounce and we just mistimed everything? A lot of '250 is a good score' pitches have turned out be anything but in this part of the world.

91Jmay

International Coach
I'm seeing a lot of judging of the pitch before both sides have batted. Really that bad? Or one of these Asian wickets that's revealed to have little bounce and we just mistimed everything? A lot of '250 is a good score' pitches have turned out be anything but in this part of the world.
Turning off the straight. Sri Lanka also have ordinary bats in any conditions.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sam Curran is the greatest English all rounder since Flintoff.. nay Botham.. nay Grace.

Stapel

International Regular
Jack Leach is great.
On him:
It feels like he has been with the side for far longer. Earlier this year, England had Dom Bess in the side. I think Moeen was out then, so Leach is probably also selected to have different types of spinners, but still! Since when was Leach considered? And why not earlier? TBH, I had not expected his selection.

91Jmay

International Coach
On him:
It feels like he has been with the side for far longer. Earlier this year, England had Dom Bess in the side. I think Moeen was out then, so Leach is probably also selected to have different types of spinners, but still! Since when was Leach considered? And why not earlier? TBH, I had not expected his selection.
He got cited and had to change his action after his amazing season, and then broke his hand before the series Bess debuted instead.