• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of Sri Lanka 2018

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks a good toss to win this, need to get as many as possible in first innings as pitch already doing a fair bit for the spinners. Be happy if we set SL 200 in 4th innings.

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
George Dobell describing this England team as 'a work in progress'.

They were 'a work in progress' in 2014 - when are they expected to actually improve?

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well given the players crucial to the 2014 rebuilding barring Moeen have gone to the wind, it's fair enough to call this another work in progress.

flibbertyjibber

No idea what a good score will be here but the ball doing quite a lot for a first morning and conditions will only get worse. Burns 43 may prove to be one of the highest individual scores of the match here. Fascinating viewing, gutted I off to work during the lunch interval.

flibbertyjibber

That cameo from Buttler before lunch could be huge, an hour of him in the afternoon and we will be on our way to a decent score I reckon.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
ya reckon 250 would be likely a winning score here for england. burns much improved on last game against spin, or maybe i underselled his ability in game 1. another great toss to win.

vcs

England picking Buttler on the back of his limited overs + IPL form is proving to be something of a masterstroke. Made a huge impact vs. India as well.

flibbertyjibber

ya reckon 250 would be likely a winning score here for england. burns much improved on last game against spin, or maybe i underselled his ability in game 1. another great toss to win.
Burns played well, bet the way his technique is that pace bowlers around the world will fancy bowling at him. Sometimes the quirky way of batting works though when all logic tells you it can't.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
3rd woeful dismissal of the series by moeen. Maybe good variation by bowler quicker through air but still youd expect to hit that 99/100

EmJo

Banned
George Dobell describing this England team as 'a work in progress'.

They were 'a work in progress' in 2014 - when are they expected to actually improve?
Realistically this is the England team which should perform, sadly and other bad result is on the cards but I hold a lot of value in Sri Lanka's bowling we will just have to see how they bat.

EmJo

Banned
No idea what a good score will be here but the ball doing quite a lot for a first morning and conditions will only get worse. Burns 43 may prove to be one of the highest individual scores of the match here. Fascinating viewing, gutted I off to work during the lunch interval.
I just don't feel England can bat for much longer there will be a collapse at 190. This depends if Sri Lanka can capitalise or are we going to see a two day test match?