• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I see Giles Clarke is still having a right old English moan about UDRS. The evidence is pretty clear in my book, it's worked. Not been a glorious success sure, but very few things are.

A bunch of howlers have been overturned, which is what the system was meant to do. Marginal decisions will always be there, and they'll always be talking points. So far the most controversial decision in the series has been Smith's waft in the 1st innings of this game, and that's really not the worst howler ever. (Besides, Captain, my Captain said he didn't knick it, so there. :) )
Yeah, after all, we've no reason to moan about the way it's been applied in this match, just typical English moaning 8-)

And Smith didn't say he never hit it...he said he wasn't sure - anyone with half a brain knows that that means he knows he did.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh dear England.

With this rout and getting to 9 wickets twice, South Africa haven't had that bad a series all things being considered. A moment here or there, a declaration 20 minutes earlier and who knows.

But that's how the cookie crumbles.

Entertaining series all round.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, it's been a very good series. I'm obviously disappointed with the way this game has gone but it's no disgrace to go to South Africa and get a 1-1 draw.

This one has been like Headingley - The Sequel mind you

kingkallis

International Coach
Steyn's is going to be there with legends who were quickest to reach 200 wickets...

Steyn so far : 36 games - 185 wickets @ the SR of 39.8

He surely can be the combine 2nd with Waqar and Lilee or the 3rd with 39 or 40 games!

Grimett 36
Waqar 38
Lilee 38
Botham 41
MacGill 42
Marshall 42
Warne 42
Donald 42
Muralitharan 42

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If we'd brought Jimmeh out when Strauss got out last night we'd still be three down now, wasted at eleven

Hit_Wicket

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Collingwood's tenacious assertive knock is ended by a Duminy long hop.

One would think England's chances of winning this test match may have gone too.

Though I've been honestly impressed with him this series.

He's been the only English batsman to consistently show any spine

As aforementioned, this series has extremely competitive and greatly entertaining.

EDIT: Congratulations South Africa, well deserved!

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Rubbish. Where's Graham Onions when you need him? What a terrible, terrible batting performance. Only Collingwood did anything of note in the whole game batting wise. Least we didn't lose the series though, 1-1's a good effort in SA.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Rubbish. Where's Graham Onions when you need him? What a terrible, terrible batting performance. Only Collingwood did anything of note in the whole game batting wise. Least we didn't lose the series though, 1-1's a good effort in SA.
Er, it's not Jimmeh's fault he was left stranded in both innings