• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2020

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Different format, but pretty sure Hendricks took a Michelle against us in the 4th test on our tour earlier this year.

Might even have been his debut, from memory.

That over was just challengingly woeful.

Bugger. Morgan holes out as I type.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Different format, but pretty sure Hendricks took a Michelle against us in the 4th test on our tour earlier this year.

Might even have been his debut, from memory.

That over was just challengingly woeful.

Bugger. Morgan holes out as I type.
That was a bit cheap. England were looking for quick runs. First innings he went all over the place.

SeamUp

International Coach
What's left to find out? Take the minnows out and he has a E/R of 10 in 20/20s. England did him for 50+ 6 years ago.
Cut throat decisions seem to be scrutinised too much in our cricket these days.

Been saying the same with Stephen and he is rightly frustrated but there is an obvious ceiling to some players who stick around too long.

Only positives tonight outside the obvious guys like QdK, Faf, KG, Lungi was Klaasen's cameo and Linde.

Beuran got a 5-for last test but the truth he is he was caned. You can see him being picked there too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Top knock from Jonny Red. When I see him looking so imperious it does make me slightly sad he's never totally nailed tests.

Jack1

International Debutant
Great stuff from Bairstow. He is a nailed on pick every time for England for me in this format (and ODIs). Hendricks shocking over the obvious turning point 0-56 dreadful figures (although T Curran went for 1-55 so they sort of cancelled each other out). I would have sent in S Curran ahead of Morgan. England got the job done in the end though.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Cut throat decisions seem to be scrutinised too much in our cricket these days.

Been saying the same with Stephen and he is rightly frustrated but there is an obvious ceiling to some players who stick around too long.

Only positives tonight outside the obvious guys like QdK, Faf, KG, Lungi was Klaasen's cameo and Linde.

Beuran got a 5-for last test but the truth he is he was caned. You can see him being picked there too.
I think the problem with Hendricks is that he's a left-armer, and they've fallen into the trap of selecting him because he offers "variety". While desiring a varied attack is understandable, it's got to be a varied attack that performs, and one with Hendricks isn't going to.

SeamUp

International Coach
I think the problem with Hendricks is that he's a left-armer, and they've fallen into the trap of selecting him because he offers "variety". While desiring a varied attack is understandable, it's got to be a varied attack that performs, and one with Hendricks isn't going to.
I think that is a part of it.

But also if we looking back to the last ODI played Sipamla/Dupavillon were the go to guys and we back to Beuran/Dala with Stuurman being the unknown. That next cab off the rank is up in the air?

ImpatientLime

International Regular
lament the red ball player sure, but my word celebrate the white ball version of bairstow. one of the absolute best in the world. an absolute beast of a performer over the past few years.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
lament the red ball player sure, but my word celebrate the white ball version of bairstow. one of the absolute best in the world. an absolute beast of a performer over the past few years.
It was great for England that he had no problems doing the same thing at #4 too, given the logjam of openers.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Da ****?? Aus/Ind has it's own subbie......and this thread isn't even stickied?? Sort it out FFS

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Da ****?? Aus/Ind has it's own subbie......and this thread isn't even stickied?? Sort it out FFS
Considering the IPL thread is still hanging around like a fart in a lift (it doesn't deserve to be pinned full stop), you can see the standard of action (not) at work.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Faf looking in good touch.

That leg side clip off Sir Benjamin was the shot of a chap in nick.

Meanwhile: Stokes gets a bowl! CurranT's first over going for eleven may've finally twisted the skipper's arm.