• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2019/20

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A very South African first over. A wicket and plenty of runs. Sooooooooooft dismissal though.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
God Jimmy really struggled to get to the crease for that wicket didn't he.

Aids from Elgar

SeamUp

International Coach
Been a good start by these two.

Love it when a batting team is under the pump and a batsman counter-punches.

Bahseph

State Captain
Yeah, Markram really does mix the sublime with the appalling. You could just see that he wanted to take Curran on. Curran makes stuff happen, you have to respect him.

SeamUp

International Coach
I`m thinking Markram needs to be sent back down to FC level. Something is not right with his game mental state.
We have a massive problem at the other end too but I am still convinced these are our 2 best openers so it is a tough one.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He needs softer hands and to learn how to hit a ball along the ground to start with imo. That four he hit at the beginning of the over really shouldn't have been that aerial.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
We have a massive problem at the other end too but I am still convinced these are our 2 best openers so it is a tough one.
I still think Markrams natural attacking mindset makes him more suitable at 4. I really think with the way Moore is playing maybe a better option to open.

Although Boucher knows him pretty well, so might be able to do something with him.
True. But I do think much of Markram mental problems is the pressure and expectations he puts on himself. When he is in a good head space can see how much more relaxed he is. It just feels like he is trying to hard.

SeamUp

International Coach
From 2 down for nothing with a batting line-up trying to find itself still but batting quite deep... I think we would like 300 because it is going to be so crap batting last on this wicket.