• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2019/20

Bijed

International Regular
Been out but following on my phone, seems a bit of a weird innings from us, is there a rain forecast that I don't know about?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That's what turning down singles gets you, Joe...

Worldy from Faf though. And 5 for Hendricks on debut. Fair play to the boy.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I don't think Root had any real idea what was meant to be happening there, which is pretty damning as he's the captain.

Doesn't matter in the situation; still strange tactically the way they played it.

slippy888

International Captain
England have left a door open here if they batted with some sense they could have closed over 500 run lead, maybe they wanted extra day off or early flight

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Should be enough to win the game, yet can't help but feel we've left SA in the game a little. Sort of like the first game but the positions are switched.
Think Butler's test stint is all but done at this point. Has been the most successful of Ed Smith's test picks based on one-day form. While it hasn't ultimately worked out in the long-term he did make some very useful contributions for this team which shouldn't necessarily be forgotten. With the way players from the cc have played so far for England this tour, it's pretty much set up for Foakes to try and cement his place once again in Sri Lanka. If he does, then I think we have the makings of a decent test team with enough time to prepare towards the next ashes series

Stapel

International Regular
Should be enough to win the game, yet can't help but feel we've left SA in the game a little. Sort of like the first game but the positions are switched.
Think Butler's test stint is all but done at this point. Has been the most successful of Ed Smith's test picks based on one-day form. While it hasn't ultimately worked out in the long-term he did make some very useful contributions for this team which shouldn't necessarily be forgotten. With the way players from the cc have played so far for England this tour, it's pretty much set up for Foakes to try and cement his place once again in Sri Lanka. If he does, then I think we have the makings of a decent test team with enough time to prepare towards the next ashes series
I've been surprised many times over the years on the selection of wicket keepers. The discussion seems to be on batting, more than on keeping. Rating keepers, just on their keeping skills, is hard, I guess.

The simple question is: Who is England's best keeper?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seems like Root has really started fancying himself with the ball after the last match.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
That's classic Root captaincy. We have a few tight overs in a row, seems like we're strangling them a bit, so he brings himself on? When the onus should be on maintaining the stranglehold?

No.