• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
godofcricket said:
Welcome back Gotchya......seen u after quite a long time :).

Well i still cant say if this is the ideal pair until they actually play on different pitches around the world. Salman didnt score much runs in Australia either, so unless he scores outside the sub-continent i wouldnt say anything......same with Akmal.
thnx. Ideal NO, but they are the most consistent, some good starts in almost all the matches. atleast they look better then their predecessors..

Butt did score in Australia, atleast in the tests.. He does look technically sound and mature enough, though i still think he's reigning his batting instincts.. The drives are STILL jabs and not a fluent bat going through the shot.. Can't say thats the prettiest sight.

and akmal... well its hard to find fault with him at the moment. But you are right, they DO have to prove themselves on tougher pitches. Its easy in Pakistan and India.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Run like Inzy said:
yeah but he hasnt really played against any other teams except Bangladesh (3), Australia (7) and Sri Lanka(1) as an opener. Why don't they give him a try ahead of Prior atleast. They could even try Solanki as an opener again. They should make Prior the keeper for a game and play another bowler or somthin. Why doesnt Hoggard play in the ODI's. He'd get the ball too swing and pitches the ball up more often than the likes of Harmison.
LOL! You're suggesting every single thing that an English supporter wouldn't want. I think you're just playing dumb and are hoping these moves are made so Pakistan can belt England by an even bigger margin :p

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
ClownSymonds said:
Any team other than the minnows can win the World Cup. West Indies won the last Champion's Trophy. I think the World Cup is ridiculous. A team can dominate the rest of the world consistently for 4 years, have one bad match, and then be out of it. Pakistan were looking good to have a chance at winning the last World Cup, but failed miserably. Inzamam, out of nowhere, scored at an average of only 8. The same thing can happen again.
That is a possibility with any team in the world, including Australia. All u need is one bad stretch of 5-10 overs and it could all be over. Thats just how it is..

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Beleg said:
It's great to see so much praise being heaped on the Pakistani kids BUT... let's not count our chickens before they are hatched. :) I'd wait for the series to finish before making any sort of a comment of Pakistan's placement in the ODI pantheon.
Thats right, its not over until its over. Esp in the case of Pakistan.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
Jono said:
LOL! You're suggesting every single thing that an English supporter wouldn't want. I think you're just playing dumb and are hoping these moves are made so Pakistan can belt England by an even bigger margin :p
LOL It would be difficult to beat England by a bigger margin than the previous match. I think England have to make changes as the current combination aint exactly working too well as we saw in the Karachi game.
Its the worst defeat for England in history as you may know (equal to a game v West Indies 92/93)

Last edited:

Nonentity

Cricket Spectator
younis khan needs to be replaced ..he is not a one day player
sami needs to be replaced
but other than that we are looking good

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
but other than that we are looking good
Younis khan needs to stay in the team i feel as he is a solid player and can come good if Pakistan have a mini collapse....but i do feel that Sami needs to be replaced.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It's an interesting one. His ODI record is very similar to Vaughan's (except that Younis has a century - albeit against the might of Hong Kong), but he does have a good record chasing down targets and it's pretty important to have a ballast player in any middle order to complement the explosive Afridi and Razzaq.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Unlike vaughan younis is a good singles and doubles player infact i feel his game is quite suited for one-day cricket and he has done well on quite a few occasions. The problem with his is he still does not know his role in the Pak ODI setup.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Nonentity said:
disagree Younis Khan can be a good OD player he may not ever reach the superb standards of Ponting at #3 but he can be successful their for pakistan IMO. While Sami while he has not yet found his feet to become a successful test match bowler he has always been a wicket-taking OD bowler, cant see any reason why Woolmer would axe him.

simmy

International Regular
England really worry me.

Seemingly imperious at home... but their away form is woeful to say the least.

Going to have problems in Australia I fear.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No way should Younis Khan be dropped. I like him at 3 as he's a very solid player, and as he showed in the first game, he can score very quickly as well.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Jono said:
No way should Younis Khan be dropped. I like him at 3 as he's a very solid player, and as he showed in the first game, he can score very quickly as well.
Agreed. With the ever-present possibility of a batting collapse in Pak cricket, you need as many experienced batsman as you can get. Yunis may be going through a bad patch, but he's proven that he's a classy player and can be relied upon.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
i was there in lahore for the first two games and i really enjoyed em specially the croud was awsome ,i wish i could av watched the third game live too but i had to get bak to uk ,i also watched the last two days of the snd test in faisalabad and my best memory was akhtar steaming in in the 2nd england innings and ripping out marcus trescothics stump