• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Beleg said:
Should have been's and would have been's and could have been's....

The fact is, as it stands right now, Collingwood played an excellent innings - just because it contained chances that should have been taken/given doesn't mean it wasn't a valiant effort or a joy to watch.
You're missing the point. This isn't about effort and entertainment - it's about who should stay in the squad going against India. As far as the selectors should be concerned, Collingwood got out LBW early this morning and caught behind early in his 96. On any other day, those decisions probably would go against him. Likewise, I'd say that a focus on Mohammad Yousuf's match performance should be his incredible dependence on luck throughout, including needing an easy catch to be dropped before he could even really start to get going.

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Overall great stuff by Pak. I'm really proud of them. Hopefully they can carry the same form into the ODIs and then into the India series, which will be even bigger then this.

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
ClownSymonds said:
You're missing the point. This isn't about effort and entertainment - it's about who should stay in the squad going against India. As far as the selectors should be concerned, Collingwood got out LBW early this morning and caught behind early in his 96. On any other day, those decisions probably would go against him. Likewise, I'd say that a focus on Mohammad Yousuf's match performance should be his incredible dependence on luck throughout, including needing an easy catch to be dropped before he could even really start to get going.
Thats all part of the game. Most major knocks have had some strokes of luck.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
a10khan said:
Thats all part of the game. Most major knocks have had some strokes of luck.
Fair enough, but it's not even like Collingwood went on to score a good hundred past what he should've been out on.

Beleg

International Regular
Clown,

No actually, it isn't. In my post (you quoted the whole of it without seeming to grasp the essence), I was appreciating Collingwood and Bell's batting, not their chances of staying in the team. Please don't take words out of context and give them your own connotations.

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
And of course that Clarke had nothing to do with the pitch did it?
makes no difference.....If Clarke can turn them square on a turner why do you need a Giles?

If on the other hand the decks DON'T turn.......why (again) do you need Giles?

Josh

International Regular
I know a friend who put a hefty sum of money on Pakistan to win the series 2-0. He is a very happy man.

Josh

International Regular
Danish's fight back, simply awesome!! I was talking today saying he can't buy a genuine wicket with my Pakistani friend, and now this. BRILLIANT!!

I knew Pakistan could pull it off.

England are being labelled the "One Hit Wonders". Altho, it's a pretty big hit to have.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
sqwerty said:
makes no difference.....If Clarke can turn them square on a turner why do you need a Giles?

If on the other hand the decks DON'T turn.......why (again) do you need Giles?
In case you didn't realise, the tracks aren't going to be just raging turners or flat tracks...there are other possibilities in between...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Josh said:
Danish's fight back, simply awesome!! I was talking today saying he can't buy a genuine wicket with my Pakistani friend, and now this. BRILLIANT!!

I knew Pakistan could pull it off.

England are being labelled the "One Hit Wonders". Altho, it's a pretty big hit to have.
Err they also beat SA in SA, a feat only managed by Australia previously since SA's reintroduction to Test cricket.

auscricket

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Good work from Pakistan, bad luck England. Trescothick and Bell the only real performers with that bat, and Freddie and Harmison the only performers with the ball. You can't win a series like that, but hopefully you'll bounce back hard in the ODIs. Pakistan played superbly.

Josh

International Regular
Scaly piscine said:
Err they also beat SA in SA, a feat only managed by Australia previously since SA's reintroduction to Test cricket.
Errr, it was the media calling them one hit wonders

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Pakistan should win 5-0 in the ODIs. They are as good of a one-day team as any in the world, really. Being the home team, they should destroy England, even without Afridi in the first two matches.

Josh

International Regular
ClownSymonds said:
Pakistan should win 5-0 in the ODIs. They are as good of a one-day team as any in the world, really. Being the home team, they should destroy England.
I disagree. I think England will take it up to Pakistan in the one-dayers. Not all of the matches of course, but it might just be a little closer.

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
PAAAAAAKISTAAAAN!!!

What a match ..for Pakistan and to think I was going to sleep when lunch came. Great series though from Pak fan perspective and possibly neutrals. England have some soul searching to do before they arrive in India.

Kudos to vaughan who did not make any excuses post-match interview and gave credit where it was due. Kani and Shoaib do it for Pak. Shoaib seems a changed man , even in the interview afterwords he sounded mature and composed.

Bring on the ODI's... mind you I dont really care if England take those. Test cricket is what counts.

magsi23

U19 Debutant
magsi23 said:
Well i still think Pakistan will win this test, but what a series this has been for Pakistan they have played superbly its been tremendous team effort, i remember few people on this thread calling and comparing Pakitsan to minnows before the series started, i havent really heard from them for a while now??

I think its fair to say Pakistan has dominated the series throughout except first 4 days of the Multan test and could have won all 3 test matches.

i was right :D