• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Brilliant - wake up with a hangover and find my team are getting utterly destroyed. We'll do well to save the game, but on the plus side a nice little innings from Bell at the end. Pakistan have done very well in this series, and have thoroughly deserved their series win. Congratulations to them - and England, sort yourselves out.

ashes winners

Cricket Spectator
I think Pakistan deserve their series win and any England fan who thinks differently is a deluded fool.
Good to see Bell getting runs again,he will score heavily in international cricket for many years to come.Hope he goes on to get another ton and hopefully Collingwood can get one this time and not mess it up in the 90's.Should be a draw but you never know with England.An early wicket and i think Pakistan will roll them over.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
ClownSymonds said:
. Now I'm feeling bad about Inzi not getting his hundred again.
I would have loved Inzy to get a hundred but its difficult to feel sorry for someone who has played so much international cricket and still runs so terribly.

He just took of like a hare as soon as Rana played the ball. There wasnt even HALF-A-RUN in it. Why was Inzy so stupid to try to take that run. He would have got the strike sooner rather than later and it wasnt as if rana looked like he needed to be protected.

tooextracool

International Coach
social said:
Brilliant bowling by Shoaib!

Judging by the batsmens' reactions this series, he must have one of the better slower balls in world cricket.

Given the amount of edges in the last couple of overs, questions have to be asked of Eng's bowlers (and batsmen as well) as it looks like a mine-field compared to how the Pakistanis coped.
the new ball has generally offered a bit of help for the bowlers. i dont need to remind you that pakistan were 12/2 at one point, and if flintoff had bowled better than he did, it would in all likelyhood have been worse.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Back on the early morning shift tomorrow, probably won't be worth it but hopefully Bell, Collingwood and co can save us from further embarrassment.

magsi23

U19 Debutant
tooextracool said:
the new ball has generally offered a bit of help for the bowlers. i dont need to remind you that pakistan were 12/2 at one point, and if flintoff had bowled better than he did, it would in all likelyhood have been worse.

Yeh pak were 12/2, although Kamal got out of beauty from Hoggard didn think Malik played particularly great shot, Shoaib did bowl alot better not just in this innings but througout this series better than any other bowlers.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The Baconator said:
Back on the early morning shift tomorrow, probably won't be worth it but hopefully Bell, Collingwood and co can save us from further embarrassment.
It would probably be best if I didn't bother looking at the score tomorrow morning. Out of 14 pre-lunch sessions, I think there's only been about 3 which have been remotely good for England: Tres & Vaughan on day 1 in this test, Bell & KP on day 3 at Faisalabad & Bell & Tres on Day 2 at Multan. Pretty much every other time has just involved me swearing at Ceefax, which really isn't a good way to start the day. May be the early starts don't suit our boys.

tooextracool

International Coach
magsi23 said:
Yeh pak were 12/2, although Kamal got out of beauty from Hoggard didn think Malik played particularly great shot, Shoaib did bowl alot better not just in this innings but througout this series better than any other bowlers.
shoaib was decidely ordinary in the first test match. Really england had everything in their favour in that game, shoaib, sami and shabbir were all ordinary to pathetic in the first innings, their batsmen messed up, england had a good start, inzamam made some really elementary blunders with the captaincy and afridi and naved werent playing.

magsi23

U19 Debutant
tooextracool said:
shoaib was decidely ordinary in the first test match. Really england had everything in their favour in that game, shoaib, sami and shabbir were all ordinary to pathetic in the first innings, their batsmen messed up, england had a good start, inzamam made some really elementary blunders with the captaincy and afridi and naved werent playing.

oh ok sorry my mistake i get it now, your 10 yr old right? who has just started watchin cricket and doesnt really understand it right?

Rob24

Banned
magsi23 said:
oh ok sorry my mistake i get it now, your 10 yr old right? who has just started watchin cricket and doesnt really understand it right?
Trolls like him should be banned for spouting flamebait like that.

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
I got a sinking feeling that England are going to draw this unless Shoaib and Kaneria can do something special...

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In all fairness England could and should have won the first test.....
Although since the fourth innings of the first test Pakistan have looked in control....

Goldberg

Banned
Rob24 said:
Trolls like him should be banned for spouting flamebait like that.
No,he cannot be banned because all the CW forum rules r for Pakistanis(its my conclusion after observing the attitude amdministrators/moderators since i joined the forum).Its not fair.Rules should apply on everybody without any discrimination.I've seen people in off topic posting highly inflammatory statements about differnet relligious 7 social groups(Muslims & sometimes about Christians) & the mods taking no action on it.I must say that I haven't seen more biased forum than this one).I'm a new forum member & this impression of the Forum is shocking.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Goldberg said:
No,he cannot be banned because all the CW forum rules r for Pakistanis(its my conclusion after observing the attitude amdministrators/moderators since i joined the forum).Its not fair.Rules should apply on everybody without any discrimination.I've seen people in off topic posting highly inflammatory statements about differnet relligious 7 social groups(Muslims & sometimes about Christians) & the mods taking no action on it.I must say that I haven't seen more biased forum than this one).I'm a new forum member & this impression of the Forum is shocking.
Utter rubbish.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
And now Collingwood is on his 5th innings. I guess the umpires have to do something to ensure that English cricket keeps at least some of the momentum from the Ashes.