• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

Slow Love™

International Captain
Beleg said:
Slow_Love

A mixture of very good and bad. he should have brought back Akhtar first thing after the lunch. However, his fielding placements were pretty spot-on - Flintoff's wicket being a proof of that.

Danesh Kaneria bowled much better than his figures reflect in the second innings. I can't think of one batsman who was able to negotiate him properly.

Anyway, well played Pakistan. Tough luck, England but you only have yourself to blame. (Not to mention some brilliant bowling by the Pakistanies)
Cheers, mate. Though Inzy is much-maligned, I actually think he's a fairly decent captain - even if he's a little over-sensitive. :)

ashes winners

Cricket Spectator
ClownSymonds said:
Anything short of a 3-0 victory in this series would seem to be a failure, according to most England supporters' pre-series thoughts. And let's see how the next two tests go. As for England throwing the match away rather than Pakistan winning it - England probably wouldn't have been in a position to throw it away had it not been for another enormous stroke of luck. Pakistan had to work hard, especially in their second innings, in order to overcome the Trescothick innings and a poor showing in their first innings.
As far as i was concerned i was happy to just win the series.Thoughts of a whitewash only enter my head when a series is already won,unless you are playing Zimbabwe or Bangladesh.
It could be a great result for England in the long run,bringing them down to earth and making them realise they haven't achieved everything they can.One defeat doesn't make England a bad side just the same as One series defeat doesn't make Australia a bad side.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scaly piscine said:
You don't expect the bowlers to get all the runs do you? I couldn't give a stuff how Pakistan bowled, if England's batsmen had performed anything like what they should have they'd have gotten that target comfortably - so it's pretty obvious who's to blame.
You should see if you can pay someone to give you a hug :D :D :D

Shoaib

Banned
Pakistan have proved by their performance in the last one year or so that they r "The Most Unpredictable" team of the world.Now, people should change their views by realising the facts & stop calling Pakistan "An Ordinary Team".

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Scaly piscine said:
You don't expect the bowlers to get all the runs do you? I couldn't give a stuff how Pakistan bowled, if England's batsmen had performed anything like what they should have they'd have gotten that target comfortably - so it's pretty obvious who's to blame.
You're to blame. England lost because of you, because you're hardly a cricket supporter. You can't even appreciate a good game of cricket you cranky bugger.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
SJS said:
You know Eddie I never thought it was more than a "squeek".

But they did it !!!!
You know as well as I do that the game's never over until the fat lady burns the Indian captain's house down.

Games have been won from worse situations than the one Pakistan found themelves in (more prophetic words from the day 4 report) - I just find it easier to speculate nowadays. Flights of fancy often, but Nostradamus-like on occasion.

Spooky, eh?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Slow Love™ said:
I did try to warn him... :nono:
I had to get in there before you did, because when I got home from a net session and saw Pakistan in with a real chance of victory I immediately thought of his idiotic post. Then I saw your post implying you will quote him, so I had to beat you to it. :p

I would have done the same had Pakistan just lost the match, because that was a great fight back.

I am just waiting for him to come into this thread.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Jono said:
You're to blame. England lost because of you, because you're hardly a cricket supporter. You can't even appreciate a good game of cricket you cranky bugger.
Nicely said Jono....an extremely sad individual....I actually feel a little sorry for him, must be tough having that outlook on life

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
ashes winners said:
As far as i was concerned i was happy to just win the series.Thoughts of a whitewash only enter my head when a series is already won,unless you are playing Zimbabwe or Bangladesh.
It could be a great result for England in the long run,bringing them down to earth and making them realise they haven't achieved everything they can.One defeat doesn't make England a bad side just the same as One series defeat doesn't make Australia a bad side.
Yes, well, the common English supporter isn't quite so reasonable.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:
Deer old predictable Scaly, how I pity you. Poor bugger
Deer? I guess we can't all be illiterati, people so dense that they don't realise it and live in blissful ignorance of their own shortcomings. Now you can go back to supporting India and watching them lose every ODI of significance.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scaly piscine said:
Deer? I guess we can't all be illiterati, people so dense that they don't realise it and live in blissful ignorance of their own shortcomings. Now you can go back to supporting India and watching them lose every ODI of significance.
So he spells one word wrong and he's an idiot?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
ClownSymonds said:
I think you will find that the common England supporter on here is very reasonable - there are a few though who more than make up for the rest of us.

We call them 'Geordies'.

Zinzan

ClownSymonds said:
In their defense, most of the england fans on this forum are very fair - although most did go a little over the top after the ashes (but who could blame them after 16 years). Its just ashame that the odd scaly individual out there gives England fans a bad name.