• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Pakistan (T20, September 2022)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Tuesday 20 September, 1st T20I
Wednesday 21 September, 2nd T20I
Friday 23 September, 3rd T20I
Sunday 25 September, 4th T20I
Wednesday 28 September, 5th T20I
Friday 30 September, 6th T20I
Sunday 2 October, 7th T20I

First four matches at Karachi National Stadium, last three matches at Gaddaffi Stadium, Lahore.
All matches 19.30 local (14.30 UTC, 15.30 BST)

England squad: Jos Buttler (c/wk, joins later), Moeen Ali (c first matches), Jordan Cox (wk), Ben Duckett (wk), Harry Brook, Alex Hales, Will Jacks, Dawid Malan, Phil Salt, Sam Curran, Liam Dawson, Adil Rashid, Richard Gleeson, Tom Helm, Olly Stone, Reece Topley, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Luke Wood, Mark Wood (source )
Pakistan squad: Babar Azam (c), Shadab Khan (vc), Mohammad Rizwan (wk) Mohammad Haris (wk), Asif Ali, Haider Ali, Khushdil Shah, Shan Masood, Aamer Jamal, Abrar Ahmed, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Nawaz (3), Usman Qadir, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Wasim, Naseem Shah, Shahnawaz Dahani ( source )

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Quite surprising that they have dropped Zaman so close to WC after retaining him all these months/years.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Annoyed with Khushdil still being there hopefully he will be bumped off the playing Xi soon.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Looking forward to seeing Wood, Stone and Woakes back and hopefully Helm gets some game time after a strong Hundred. Surprised England persevered with Gleeson after he took a bit of a hammering in his international appearances so far.

With the bat, well its the Alex Hales show in town. I wouldn't have brought him back myself but there you go. Hopefully Jacks, Cox and Brook get some games too.

But I imagine England will want to settle their side at some point in this series notwithstanding the regulars who are missing.

Nicky

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
A lot of "openers" in England's squad (Jacks, Malan, Salt, Buttler, Hales)... Though one expects Malan to play at #3 ?
And the bowlers selection will be difficult with Curran, Woakes & Willey.

Could be expect something like that ?
Hales - Buttler (Salt for the first game) - Malan - Brook - Ali - Curran/Wood - Willey - Woakes - Rashid - Topley
There's 10 there. Could they have Will Jacks in there ?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
So who among Salt and Hales would start the world cup to open with Buttler? With Salt being incumbent, I suppose he will start.

Kirkut

International Regular
This is such a weird tour. They'll be playing T20s in Pakistan then fly to Australia for the World Cup and fly back to Pakistan again for tests!