• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Flem274*

123/5
I wasn't patronising you. You've got to realise that one good game doesn't erase the fact that we have some issues that we need to sort out. Twenty20 cricket is far from 'hit and giggle' too, and I imagine if we'd won either of those games, you'd be talking us up.

EDIT: We got thrashed in South Africa and Australia, our last two serious series. England aren't the greatest ODI side remember, still have their fair share of passengers.
I realize we have issues but its great to see imbeciles like Milmow look like complete fools. I never said we were bloody amazing, I just said that Milmow and co. look a bit foolish now and they do. He's been proven wrong many times this summer. I can't see you denying that, if you do that would be amazing..and wrong.

As for me talking us up if we'd won 20/20, sure I'd say we had the early confidence and form, I imagine that would be a fairly standard and balanced reaction, I wouldn't say England were down and out though like certain people were saying about us.

Also, you aren't Bahnz, don't try and copy, he has far more style in his realistic negativity (new phrase there) than you do.:p

Flem274*

123/5
I want him to be dropped because he's in poor form, that's all.
But it seems that Bopara is too. Bell is a good player and he will come right.

I'd like to see Mascarenhas come in too. I don't think he will be as dangerous in ODIs because we can milk his bowling and his hitting will have to be over a much longer period of time. Of course he will still be an ever present threat that will need to be dealt with quickly.

Also, what spinners are there in CC that are quite good? Swann looks allright but nothing special as of yet and the vibe on here doesn't seem too enthusiastic.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Love NZ and English fan reactions when their side loses, so when they play each other you know you're going to get good value for money one way or the other :ph34r:
Thats because we do lose sometimes.

Australia on the other hand......
:sleep:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Gah! Has anyone seen Jesse Ryder's new CricInfo profile? The man's chin literally slopes straight down to his chest! For god's sake, I know it's out of date, but can we please have his U19 photo back?

Flem274*

123/5
Gah! Has anyone seen Jesse Ryder's new CricInfo profile? The man's chin literally slopes straight down to his chest! For god's sake, I know it's out of date, but can we please have his U19 photo back?
Haha I viewed it a while ago to see how fat he was and I thought "that bloke ain't fat at all" then I saw him in a domestic game. Obviously been to McDonalds a few times since that photo.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, yeah, seen that earlier. Literally LOL'd.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We got thrashed in South Africa
This has become a commonly held view, but I have absolutely no idea where it comes from.

1st ODI - South Africa won by 2 wickets (with 0 balls remaining)
2nd ODI - NZ won by 7 wickets (with 68 balls remaining)
3rd ODI - South Africa won by 5 wickets (with 28 balls remaining)

I think we threw away a likely win in the first game too.

Flem274*

123/5
This has become a commonly held view, but I have absolutely no idea where it comes from.

1st ODI - South Africa won by 2 wickets (with 0 balls remaining)
2nd ODI - NZ won by 7 wickets (with 68 balls remaining)
3rd ODI - South Africa won by 5 wickets (with 28 balls remaining)

I think we threw away a likely win in the first game too.
We have improved alot against them in the past few years. Though admittedly the previous record wasn't much to beat.....

JBH001

International Regular
Got to say, I am stoked that both my teams won tonight!

Its at times like this I wish I was a betting man... :)

HeathDavisSpeed

Haha I viewed it a while ago to see how fat he was and I thought "that bloke ain't fat at all" then I saw him in a domestic game. Obviously been to McDonalds a few times since that photo.
As I've said already in this thread, his gut is 100% Heineken.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, a fantastic performance from the BlackCaps, the bowling after England made a good start early on was great, the fielding again superb and the batting of Ryder and McCullum unreal.

I think its now eight wins on the trot for New Zealand at home in ODIs (3 vs Aus, 3 vs Bangladesh, 2 vs England) which for a team in terminal decline and in such an aweful crisis is pretty decent.

Hopefully Ryder has proven a few of his critics wrong although I'm sure most of those will argue that he received a repreive with Shah dropped a relatively simple catch. Still, he had to actually score the runs after that drop and score them he did. McCullum was typical - cunning and inventive and after consistently saying that he shouldn't open the batting in SA and Australia, I officially change my stance. :p

On the England side of things, Graeme Swann hardly looks of international quality (where's Monty anyway?), Bell has barely scored a run on tour and speaking of runs, it'd be nice if Collingwood gets out in a more conventional manner at Eden Park on Friday. :p Mascarenhas must surely play, wouldn't be surprised if Luke Wright came into the side as well.

HeathDavisSpeed

Hope they sign him up for a few ads TBH

By the way, the new look avatar is to inspire you for your big speech. The thought of Millmow with an arrow through the head might help

I'd also like to thank Mr. James Nixon without whose photo this would not have been possible (number 1 hit on google.co.nz for "Jonathan Millmow" photo, as it happens)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
A Doull and Crowe commentary duo is unbearable.
Just a quick word on the commentary, its appalling that New Zealand have only four commentators, of which Doull is terrible anyway, part of the team this summer.

I'd much prefer to hear more of an English perspective (Atherton, Hussain, Lloyd in particular) along with Smith, Crowe and Richardson.

That last passage of commentary which you mention with Doull and Crowe tonight was aweful.

Perm

Should Ponting be dropped, as he is in poor form? No, you stick with your class players. Bell is a class player.
Yeah, but the kind of class Ponting has is much different to the kind that Bell has. Bell's nowhere near Ponting as a player, and Australia can afford to keep an out of form Ponting. Not to mention he is also the captain. With Bell, England don't have the privilege of backing their players through tough patches if they want to win games and series.