• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Perfect weather if starting at the traditional time.

Photo taken looking towards Eden park (10 minute walk form here)

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Is it still likely to be warm at evening in Auckland atm? It’s been freezing and winterish at night in Wellington recently ... lucky they’re not playing it at the stadium, it’d be hell to attend tbh haha.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I predict that the commentators will all be surprised when CDG bowls 1st change instead of Wagner, despite it being obvious for a swing bowler and it happening quite often.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Is it still likely to be warm at evening in Auckland atm? It’s been freezing and winterish at night in Wellington recently ... lucky they’re not playing it at the stadium, it’d be hell to attend tbh haha.
I doubt it - Auckland is often cold in the evening even in summer. Playing the first ever day-night test in NZ three weeks into autumn is an odd choice that undermines the marketing effort NZC are apparently putting into this.

Forecast looks ok for today, not good for tomorrow.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I doubt it - Auckland is often cold in the evening even in summer. Playing the first ever day-night test in NZ three weeks into autumn is an odd choice that undermines the marketing effort NZC are apparently putting into this.

I wouldn't say it's cold. Not as warm at night as it was during Dec-Feb sure, but still warm enough for me to leave my window overnight to not feel uncomfortable while sleeping.

thierry henry

International Coach

Can’t really agree with this. Auckland has a relatively small day-night temperature range and if anything tends towards uncomfortable humidity at night. Definitely not a place that is particularly cold at night.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
When I was at Eden Park for one of the t20s last month it did start getting cold towards the end - not quite enough to need another layer then, but probably will need one now.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
You can get humidity sitting over Auckland and persisting at night sometimes, yes, but just as often it can get cold enough that you really regret not bringing a jumper/jacket when walking around in a short sleeved shirt at 10 or 11 pm, even in summer.

#AucklandProblems

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway in cricket-related questions, big question for me is whether the pink ball will swing round corners today. Have a suspicion it might not swing as much as we've come to expect from a pink ball, and especially not as much as it did in our first day-night test in Adelaide.

thierry henry

International Coach
Oh I'd definitely bring a jacket or sweater, on account of it's night time during spring in a place that isn't all that hot to start with. Gonna get down to about 18 at lowest by 10pm for the next 5 days ftr #weatherchat

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think bowling was the right decision. From what I've seen it's best to bat first in a day night test as if nothing else you get 2 sessions of batting in the sunshine right off the bat.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harsh on Vince to get dropped, all those 20s have looked so good and filled with potential. Just one more chance is all he needed.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Can always rely on NZ captains to lose the toss, unless it's a really tricky decision on whether to bat or bowl, in which case we win the toss and then come to regret it :happy:.