• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Actually, if it's a prolonged period of low scores and the replacement scores runs, it's a great thing for the team.
Actually it is not. Every one is bound to have low scores. If you keep replacing, there is nothing except insecurity and no real team building.

Wasimullah

Cricket Spectator
Jono said:
What's that? Dhoni can't keep?

I THINK NOT! :D Great stumping!

Jono, apparently Dhoni has been keeping very well of late.....he has improved a lot since he came into the team but no one has commented on it...as his batting seems to attract all the attention

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Munaf patel bowled well, along with kumble.. Harbajan singh also showed signs of a good comeback in form.. all in all good bowling performance by the indians..

Edit: chawla also picks up a wicket, that tooo of Flintoff... goodwork..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sehwag needs to get India off to a flyer. The more runs on the board as soon as possible, the less pressure there is.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wasimullah said:
Jono, apparently Dhoni has been keeping very well of late.....he has improved a lot since he came into the team but no one has commented on it...as his batting seems to attract all the attention
Yeah, he was circumspect when he first came onto the scene, but as of late he doesn't make many more errors than Sanga, Gilly or even Akmal. They all made their fair share of errors recently (Gilly = Ashes, Sanga = VB Series, Akmal = Pak/Ind ODI Series) whereas Dhoni has been pretty damn good since the SL test series.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Pratyush said:
Where are all the Poms? Wake up!
Good morning :)

Suberb stuff from Munaf this morning, surely set-up an easy victory for India. This is really how I expected the series to go (but with Kumble and Bhajji mainly doing the damage) so I'm not that disappointed. We need a miracle burst from Harmy a la West Indies tour, and some awful batting from India; not much to ask, is it.

Chapeau India.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Munaf really bowled well today, what a talented player this guy is, *awesome*.

Today's India victory will be sweet, i think the better team would finally come out victorious in this match!

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Wasimullah said:
What's everyone's prediction ? England win or Indian win and by how much ?

I would say by 7 or 6 wkts.

I expect some hiccups, Sehwag likely to fail again , though i would be glad if he proves me wrong.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pratyush said:
Actually it is not. Every one is bound to have low scores. If you keep replacing, there is nothing except insecurity and no real team building.
So you're telling me that if Tendulkar were dropped and Kaif replaced him and scored a truckload of runs, it wouldn't be good for Indian cricket? Ridiculous. It shows that no one can take his place for granted and give other players the chance to step up.

Look at Langer getting injured and Hussey coming in and becoming a superstar. That was good for Australian cricket, because it means that someone got a chance to shine and grabbed it. When Langer returned, it only strengthened the lineup.

Competition is never a bad thing in building a team, because it ensures there's no backsliding and helps build depth.

JustTool

State 12th Man
ArrggghhH !! DISH has lost the feed. Of course they make you pay upfront and it is non-refundable ! What a time for them to screw-up. Can't wait for IP-TV to become a reality... :@

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
So you're telling me that if Tendulkar were dropped and Kaif replaced him and scored a truckload of runs, it wouldn't be good for Indian cricket?
No. Why do you assume the same and go hyper?

I am telling you that there shouldn't be chopping and changing. You select a player and then back him.

Else Atapattu would have been sacked early in his career. Don't tell me there was no competition for Atapattu because the way he was having a low run of scores in the beginning of his career, there could have been several players who could have scored much more than 0,0,1,0.