• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is the first time since the core of Kohli, Pujara, Rahane, Ash, Shami, Ishant and Jadeja was solidified under Shastri that I've felt like we're truly seeing what a future side could be built around.

We had a little glimpse in the '21 BG where Siraj, Gill and Pant really stood up but we knew many of the others wouldn't make it to the side again in the long term. Then there were some false dawns like Agarwal, Shaw, Vihari, Iyer etc, but this series has brought us a number of noobs that I think are far more likely to add on to Siraj, Gill and Pant to form a strong core. Jaiswal, Kuldeep, Jurel, Sarfaraz and to a lesser extent Akash Deep and Padikkal all seem quite promising.

Maybe the transition period won't be so bad after all.

Xix2565

International Debutant
Genuine question : On the basis of performances in this series, does a single England player make the combined XI? Crawley's the closest but I think even he'd miss out to Rohit.
Not for mine. Even for pacers, Anderson barely bowled this series overall, and the others weren't great.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Genuine question : On the basis of performances in this series, does a single England player make the combined XI? Crawley's the closest but I think even he'd miss out to Rohit.
root makes it over any of our number 4 batters

then either hartley or bashir if we choose a side with one pacer

mine:

Jaiswal
Rohit
Gill
Root
Sarfaraz
Jaddu
Jurel
Ashwin
Hartley
Kuldeep
Bumrah

danzydab

U19 12th Man
This is the first time since the core of Kohli, Pujara, Rahane, Ash, Shami, Ishant and Jadeja was solidified under Shastri that I've felt like we're truly seeing what a future side could be built around.

We had a little glimpse in the '21 BG where Siraj, Gill and Pant really stood up but we knew many of the others wouldn't make it to the side again in the long term. Then there were some false dawns like Agarwal, Shaw, Vihari, Iyer etc, but this series has brought us a number of noobs that I think are far more likely to add on to Siraj, Gill and Pant to form a strong core. Jaiswal, Kuldeep, Jurel, Sarfaraz and to a lesser extent Akash Deep and Padikkal all seem quite promising.

Maybe the transition period won't be so bad after all.
yea india looks so much better than it did in 2021. i wonder how sarfraz will fare in sena. india probably only missing one more young promising seamer

Daemon

yea india looks so much better than it did in 2021. i wonder how sarfraz will fare in sena. india probably only missing one more young promising seamer
Yeah obviously the big question still remains on how some of these guys will fare overseas, in particular against swing bowling. Jaiswal has succumbed on ocassion and we all know Gill's issues. But holding your the fort at home still remains the most important thing imo and this side in a few years time when the big names are gone should be up for that.

The fast bowling does remain an area of concern as you rightly pointed out though.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
We've been woeful in this test, it looked like a test too far for a team that has already lost the series and wants to go home.

Whilst that's understandable it was nonetheless unacceptable.

Before the series started I didn't give us any chance and that proved right, we were actually more competitive than I thought we would be.

You have to put things into perspective - winning in India is really tough for any side, let alone one that Leach apart, hasn't got a quality spinner in the squad.

Stokes and McCullum won't be judged on an away series in India anymore than India are judged on performances in England where they haven't won a series since 2007.

Shri

Mr. Glass
india probably only missing one more young promising seamer
coaching approach has evolved

now we are about bowling tight overseas instead of trying magic balls and dropping our jaws at 130 kmph bowlers

now we are awed by 135 kmph bowlers instead

OverratedSanity

Stokes and McCullum won't be judged on an away series in India anymore than India are judged on performances in England where they haven't won a series since 2007.
Every team should be judged on how they perform in big overseas tours. India are and rightly so. The poor performances in England over the last decade has been one of the biggest disappointments for the team.

Gob

International Coach
Every team should be judged on how they perform in big overseas tours. India are and rightly so. The poor performances in England over the last decade has been one of the biggest disappointments for the team.
and nz. atleast nz have great players though like tom latham

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
To be a great team, you have to win away from home and win against the likes of India, Australia and England.

But for us, we're not in that conversation. It's wrong but England's management will be judged largely by what happens against Australia.

If we'd got beat away to Australia 4-1 there would be serious questions asked and it would probably signal the end for some players and some of the management team.

That won't happen here.