• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bumrah bowled 23 overs in the last game after a break of 10+ days. He doesn’t need a break while the series is still alive imo, particularly given who the backup is. Win this and then rest him in the final game so he has a longer uninterrupted break of a few weeks before the IPL starts.

Even if you argue that he needs rest now in case we go 2-2 heading into the 5th Test, there’s a break of 8 days between the 4th and 5th. He can easily play the entire series.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bumrah bowled 23 overs in the last game after a break of 10+ days. He doesn’t need a break while the series is still alive imo, particularly given who the backup is. Win this and then rest him in the final game so he has a longer uninterrupted break of a few weeks before the IPL starts.

Even if you argue that he needs rest now in case we go 2-2 heading into the 5th Test, there’s a break of 8 days between the 4th and 5th. He can easily play the entire series.
Their reasoning is we will need him more in Dharamshala than Ranchi. Let's see. Axar for Bumrah may not be so bad if Ranchi wicket plays to type.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Hope common sense prevails and we play Axar or Sundar. I'm a lot more confident in our batting now than a week ago but doesn't hurt to have some more cover. Mukesh or Akash Deep are no replacements for Bumrah anyway, so may as well bet on a known quantity.

capt_Luffy

International Regular
Hope common sense prevails and we play Axar or Sundar. I'm a lot more confident in our batting now than a week ago but doesn't hurt to have some more cover. Mukesh or Akash Deep are no replacements for Bumrah anyway, so may as well bet on a known quantity.
I am not sure playing with a single pacer and 4 spinners is a really good idea either..... I too am not really confident about the capabilities of India's back up pacers, but do we even need 4 damn spinners? Especially if it turns out the pitch isn't that big of a returner, I doubt going with 4 spinners and 1 pacer is going to really work.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Without Bumrah (who has been rested without any injury or personal emergency) next test is a JAMTest, just like tests of SA tour to NZ. JAMTests are going to be a thing now.

OverratedSanity

Bowling 20 odd overs over a period of 15 days is apparently such a big workload that the most important bowler needs a break in the middle of a live test series against the most in form team in the world. Wonder if he'll get a rest in the middle of a two month long t20 tournament.

Absolutely pathetic.

Daemon

Their reasoning is we will need him more in Dharamshala than Ranchi. Let's see. Axar for Bumrah may not be so bad if Ranchi wicket plays to type.
Poor reasoning then because one of the few grounds in India Mukesh is actually useful on is Dharamshala.

Hopefully they go with Axar because playing Mukesh will end in tears.

Molehill

International Captain
Anderson already has played back to back tests. (2nd and 3rd).
Bumrah being rested may be an indication on the pitch preparation.
The 2nd and 3rd Tests were not back to back, there were 9 days between them. There's only 4 this time. Bumrah played back to back in the 1st and 2nd.

It makes sense to me. Create a pitch that offers loads of turn and let the experienced Indian spinners beat up on the novice England ones. It's not rocket science....

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Whilst Bumrah not playing increases our chances of winning the test, it does take something away from the spectacle of the match.

Bumrah is the number 1 bowler in the world and all cricket fans want to see him bowl.

I know back to back tests are now common place but it can't be right that the scheduling of tests means seam bowlers have to rested regularly as quite simply there isn't enough time for them to recover between test matches.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
Bowling 20 odd overs over a period of 15 days is apparently such a big workload that the most important bowler needs a break in the middle of a live test series against the most in form team in the world. Wonder if he'll get a rest in the middle of a two month long t20 tournament.

Absolutely pathetic.
Gotta be fit for the IPL......

Chin Music

State 12th Man
Whilst Bumrah not playing increases our chances of winning the test, it does take something away from the spectacle of the match.

Bumrah is the number 1 bowler in the world and all cricket fans want to see him bowl.

I know back to back tests are now common place but it can't be right that the scheduling of tests means seam bowlers have to rested regularly as quite simply there isn't enough time for them to recover between test matches.
My earlier reply to another poster was slightly facetious, but yes I think it is a poor move. The only thing that I can think of is that the next pitch may well be prepared to be a rank turner and they can afford to rest him in those circumstances. Even so, he is still more than likely to pick up a few wickets when bowling.