• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean, ideally you'de want dawson to be here, but he was never gonna start given that leach was fit for the first test, and playing two spinners who basically bowl the exact same stuff is a death sentence, and dawson said he'de rather play franchise cricket than warm the bench, or something to that effect. He definitely should have been called up after the leach injury, but I think that ship had sailed at that point given he was playing in the sa20 and signed up for some other franchise leagues.

Wggrace

Cricket Spectator
Is Robinson injured ? He has a very solid test record and can also pitch in with a few runs.

And time to move Bairstow down the order as wk ?

Crawley
‘Duckett
Pope
‘Root
‘Stokes
‘Lawrence
Bairstow
Ahmed
Hartley
Robinson
Wood

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I don't think there will be any changes to the batting line up. Root obviously won't be dropped and I'd be surprised if Bairstow was.

As for the bowlers, the pitch will dictate to a degree but I think we'll go with 2 seamers again.

If Jimmy can't play back to back tests, it'll be Robinson. If Woody needs a rest, I'd imagine Gus Atkinson will get a go.

As for the spinners, Hartley will play but Bashir may come in for Rehan.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
[
Is Robinson injured ? He has a very solid test record and can also pitch in with a few runs.

And time to move Bairstow down the order as wk ?

Crawley
‘Duckett
Pope
‘Root
‘Stokes
‘Lawrence
Bairstow
Ahmed
Hartley
Robinson
Wood
Not sure I would want Bairstow keeping in Asia. Sure, there's a fair chance he will come back in for the home English summer, but he's not much a keeper to spin and Foakes is worth a few wickets as he has been this tour.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
rumors of it being a turner. which is odd since ranchi has always been a flat road
It has been a slow deck, it was never really fully flat. Just slow turn which means easy to survive but tough to score. The worst type of pitch as an audience tbh. If its an actual red soil sharp turner, it will at least be fun to watch and batsmen can still play shots as the turn and bounce will be consistent, even if it turns a lot.

Third_Man

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't think there will be any changes to the batting line up. Root obviously won't be dropped and I'd be surprised if Bairstow was.

As for the bowlers, the pitch will dictate to a degree but I think we'll go with 2 seamers again.

If Jimmy can't play back to back tests, it'll be Robinson. If Woody needs a rest, I'd imagine Gus Atkinson will get a go.

As for the spinners, Hartley will play but Bashir may come in for Rehan.
Anderson already has played back to back tests. (2nd and 3rd).
Bumrah being rested may be an indication on the pitch preparation.

Cricyoda

Cricket Spectator
Time to rest Johnny Bairstow. He must be pretty tired from all the failures
Definitely not tired from time in the middle!

I would definitely drop Bairstow because he looks like a walking wicket at the moment but this new management/captaincy does give players a chance.

I would think Anderson will get a rest and Robinson to come in. Robinson bowled very well in Pakistan so does have the skills in these kind of conditions. I would also drop Rehan for Bashir, would weaken the batting but the bowling does need a freshen up.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Definitely not tired from time in the middle!

I would definitely drop Bairstow because he looks like a walking wicket at the moment but this new management/captaincy does give players a chance.

I would think Anderson will get a rest and Robinson to come in. Robinson bowled very well in Pakistan so does have the skills in these kind of conditions. I would also drop Rehan for Bashir, would weaken the batting but the bowling does need a freshen up.
Rehan batted like a complete mug in the last Test. He just fancied a slog every ball. Hartley's probably a better bat at the moment. Not sure I think Bashir is a better bowling option though.

Cricyoda

Cricket Spectator
This is probably the most anticipated test for this England team...the number 1 test team in the world...in transition against the best(?) team in the last 12 months...
Yeah terrible batting from Rehan. A young man yes but still so irresponsible.

You’re probably right about Bashir but he does have a bit of height so will extract some good bounce. Could be handy against Jaiswal as well.