• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Win or lose, England are absolute value to watch in limited overs formats these days. :laugh:

Wasn't there a similar collapse against RSA last year where they couldn't even bat out the full quota of overs in a T20?

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Can't believe ppl compared root to Kohli in limited overs, this guy is not even close
Well after 75 ODI innings and 22 T20I innings.

ODI

Root 3149 runs @46.30 SR 85.61 8 100s 19 50s
Kohli 3001 runs @46.16 SR 83.63 8 100s 19 50s

T20I

Root 726 runs @40.33 SR 130.10 4 50s
Kohli 677 runs @37.61 SR 129.44 5 50s

But Kohli is an ATG and arguably GOAT ODI cricketer.

So yes the comparison is wrong, but at the same stage in their careers Root has performed better.

Spark

Global Moderator
I know those numbers look similar but I'm sure that even in his first 100 innings Kohli was clearly going to be an amazing and probably ATG ODI player. Better than those numbers, I think.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man. There are lollapses and then there is this.. :laugh:

Can't forget Mishy in all the Chahal-love. His over straight after the Morgan massacre of Raina's over set us up in this game. We were out of it otherwise.

indiaholic

International Captain
I know those numbers look similar but I'm sure that even in his first 100 innings Kohli was clearly going to be an amazing and probably ATG ODI player. Better than those numbers, I think.
Those numbers are pretty impressive too..

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well after 75 ODI innings and 22 T20I innings.

ODI

Root 3149 runs @46.30 SR 85.61 8 100s 19 50s
Kohli 3001 runs @46.16 SR 83.63 8 100s 19 50s

T20I

Root 726 runs @40.33 SR 130.10 4 50s
Kohli 677 runs @37.61 SR 129.44 5 50s

But Kohli is an ATG and arguably GOAT ODI cricketer.

So yes the comparison is wrong, but at the same stage in their careers Root has performed better.
That's pretty interesting. My personal feeling is Kohli went up a gear after the Hobart chase.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha that is just a pathetic scene. I like that we're keeping up the tradition of dog**** collapses on the last game of a series, even in a contextless t20 bilateral, wonderful.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Those numbers don't take into consideration the fact that batting has become alot easier since the 2 new balls. Kohli's debut happened in 08, the game and rules use to be Lot different back then.

Burner

International Regular
Root was going at above 140 though. But then stalled and couldn't get anything away. If Root had got out after the Raina over, his figures would look as bad as they do now.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Root's a fantastic one day player and usually a pretty decent t20 one too. This series hasn't been the norm, are we really doing this whole knee-jerk thing again?

Comparing him to Kohli is pointless. He's obviously not nearly as good, regardless of numbers, but nobody comes close to Kohli in the short forms right now.