• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Star Sports asked me so I thought I'll ask you guys

Who is more important to India? Ashwin or Kohli?

Time for a comparison thread by Slippy?
Definitely Ashwin beyond doubt. We have Pujara, Vijay etc to manage the runs without Kohli but none to take the 10 wickets in India without Ashwin.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Laughed at Kohli getting over 75% on that fan vote. Ashwin is probably the most valuable test player in the world.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
On another note, think the success of this England side indicates what the 90s South African side could have achieved, had it not been for the great Aussie side of the late 90s. The strength in numbers in batting, the one or two greats around whom the team is built, utility cricketers all the way, defensive captain and mindset, hate giving away runs and loves to stay in control of the game, more likely to win through persistance than just brilliance... I feeI you need a side as great as that Aussie line up to consistently get on top of this English side. And its no wonder why INdia struggled the most at home against the similar kind of South Africa side in the late 90s at home. They don't let us play the game we want to play, either with bat or ball. I still think there is too much theory and too many cooks around this England side, esp. because I think overall, this side is actually more talented naturally than the RSA side of the 90s, but they will still be a mighty tough to beat in most conditions across the world. And right now, that is as good a way as any to be the #1.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does anyone else hear "Duckett" and start thinking "There was a young man from Nantucket"?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Right lads, haven't slept since England started batting and have done a whole uni essay in between. If you're going to lose this test you might as well collapse in the first hour so I can give up and get some shut eye.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Now that the blockers have gone England are going to either win or lose, which is to say, lose.

I've decided to watch it nonetheless, as I'm an idiot.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Why would we even take the single? And kohli should try concentrating on fielding and catching the ball instead of hopping round the pitch and 'rallying' his troops

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jesus this incessant shouting every other ball is ****ing annoying when you have the feed on in the background while you're at work.

Rootfan

Banned
What an idiot Kohli is, continually keeps dropping catches at that position. Hope Root doesn't inflate his average too much. Unlikely to as he is generally only prolific in England but should never give chances. Stupid Kohli.