• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Nah.. Nasser Hussain and the Sky guys were pretty fullsome in their support for him. So I am assuming it is more of a media thing to sensationalize something but I really do not see him being dropped or anything even if he were to have a bad run like any other normal player.
Hussain actually said his position as captain was unsustainable because of his decision to not go to Bangladesh. I think Vaughan had a similar view.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Wood is overrated as a white ball bowler. Fast but gets tonked and hasn't shown ability to take international wickets consistently.
Wood overated with the white ball? Leave it out! He swings the ball both ways, bowls 90+ and takes wickets. If he leaks runs it probably just because of the pace on the ball.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like some match. Pleased for Stokes to bowl a good white ball pressure over after last year.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Wood has taken 12 wickets in 11 ODIs. As usual people are seeing what they want to see
But his pace was much quicker last year than any other year iv seen him, and the only odi series he played last summer against pakistan he took 7 in 4 matches. Not a bad return really considering he hasnt played consistently because of injuries

91Jmay

International Coach
But his pace was much quicker last year than any other year iv seen him, and the only odi series he played last summer against pakistan he took 7 in 4 matches. Not a bad return really considering he hasnt played consistently because of injuries
7 in 4 matches @ 5.85 RPO. Pretty much the same figures as the current lot. I am not saying he is worse than them but the idea he is some gun strike bowler likewise doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

He is a good Test match bowler though.

S.Kennedy

Wood is a terrific bowler - trust me; I do worry about the longevity of his career though, with that action.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Regardless of the results that was a pretty good game, 320 seems like a very decent par score to me, gives the fans enough of boundary shots while not making you feel as if you can replace the bowlers with the bowling machine.
England competed very well in the series but it's hard to say if they learned anything new about themselves, in that respect India are better given that they discovered a gun in Jadhav and a semi-gun in Pandya, if Pandya can cut out his brain fade moments in both batting and bowling and with Rohit and Shami coming back by CT India are genuine contenders, will put them and Australia at #2 and England a marginal #1 favorite.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope Pant gets a long run even if he has 1 or 2 failures. With Dhoni also in the same team, worried if Pant will get enough chances.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, now it is Pant, De Kock and Dickwella playing for 3 international teams as keepers. If England can get Foakes as well, good times for memes ahead.

S.Kennedy

I am determined that one day we will get a Foakes c Woakes b Stokes but I am not sure how it can happen unless England A play Surrey, or some dodgy MCC thing.