• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Cricketweb Land February/March 2010

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Little bit dissapointed to miss selection in the A team, secretly hoping i purely skipped over the A Team and straight into the XI :) Good looking side though, good luck lads.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
For once confident that Green can perform in the absence of some regulars, and very much hoping to impress the selectors against England.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Arghhhh, would have loved a chance in the 'A's. Best of luck to the English batsmen and Richards... :p

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Absolutely shocked at my inclusion in the 'A' team. Dev league performances have been ordinary since the return.

Best of luck to all the other guys selected - very solid outfit, heres hoping for a favourable result.

bryce

International Regular
Cunningham will dominate imo.
I dunno England will be alot more classy than these dev league bunnies :p
Nice to see a good green presence there, hopefully Scott & Cribb can put a few on the board. Pretty happy that Rose has been released too, need him leading the green seam attack

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cricketweb 'A' Side Named

Selectors have today finalised the Cricketweb 'A' Team to take on England on Thursday, with plenty of up and coming players putting the heat on the more experienced members of the team in the Dev League season thus far we see a number of new faces stepping up to this level. With injuries and form issues with several players in the CWXI side this game shapes up as an important one with anything up to four spots available for next week's first test against England.

The team is:
1. Nick Scott (CW Green)
2. Josh Ritchie (CW Black)
3. Sean Fuller* (CW Blue)
4. Robert Cribb (CW Green)
5. John Heads (CW Red)
6. Rob Bowen (CW Blue)
7. Alex Crampton+ (CW Blue)
8. David Richards (CW Black)
9. Bryce Cunningham (CW Green)
10. David Watt (CW Red)
11. Heath Davis (CW Black)
12th Man: Xavier Rose (CW Green)

All these players will be unavailable for their teams Dev League clash on Wednesday, Rose however will be released from the squad and can be picked for Green.
Wow, awesome stuff. Didn't really expect this; excellent to see my last few seasons have been recognised though.

bryce

International Regular
Definitely questionable selecting people like Ritchie & Heads instead of players like Mamesh, Kearsley & Towns - but at the end of the day it's the selectors wanting to try out some new form players at a higher level and you cannot argue with that logic. Interesting to see Watt get the call up but no other seamers have really put their hands up, it is disappointing that his teammate West hasn't really been able to build on last seasons form and retain his 'A' team spot.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We don't want to really go through individual selections in public, but I'm happy to discuss any concerns or issues people have with the teams we pick over email/msn.

99*

International Debutant
Definitely questionable selecting people like Ritchie & Heads instead of players like Mamesh, Kearsley & Towns - but at the end of the day it's the selectors wanting to try out some new form players at a higher level and you cannot argue with that logic. Interesting to see Watt get the call up but no other seamers have really put their hands up, it is disappointing that his teammate West hasn't really been able to build on last seasons form and retain his 'A' team spot.
I was in the 'A' team last time around FWIW.

bryce

International Regular
Oh OK my mistake, could not recall that but after some quick research I see you performed very well in both forms on the last CW 'A' tour. Guess I can be excused seeing as it was a good 10 months or so ago, lol

Simon

FTR just because the likes of Corrin, Mamesh and Demeza aren't in this team it doesnt mean they are out of contention for the tests. We decided to go with guys like Heads, Ritchie etc... to give them a crack at the higher level, I'm certain someone like Ritchie will get more out of playing this game than Mamesh.

Simon

Marcuss can you please make sure you have named a team for tomorrow's match sometime in the next 16 hours from this post.