• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I strongly believe that no human being should have to risk their lives to do their job unless they choose a profession like army or firefighter etc. I would have fully supported Morgan or anyone who don't feel safe travelling to Bangladesh or any other country deemed unsafe. The problem is that it's hard to support him on principle when he himself didn't make a principled stance on playing the IPL in India at a time it was rife with political skirmishes. That begs the question whether the same decision would have been made if this was not Bangladesh but India. Australia made a similar decision last year yet their players don't express the same concerns when playing the IPL every year.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I strongly believe that no human being should have to risk their lives to do their job unless they choose a profession like army or firefighter etc. I would have fully supported Morgan or anyone who don't feel safe travelling to Bangladesh or any other country deemed unsafe. The problem is that it's hard to support him on principle when he himself didn't make a principled stance on playing the IPL in India at a time it was rife with political skirmishes. That begs the question whether the same decision would have been made if this was not Bangladesh but India. Australia made a similar decision last year yet their players don't express the same concerns when playing the IPL every year.
Risk vs. reward, we'd probably get a tour to Aleppo if we threw around IPL money.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'm astonished that the tour's going ahead. Given the UK's military involvement in the middle east, it's far from inconceivable that the national team could be a target for these psychopaths.

I wouldn't be going anywhere near the place.
Do you realise that the distance between Bangladesh and middle east is the same as the distance between the UK and Eqypt?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, didn't hear this crying about us playing in France. Wonder why?

Idea that the government's advice is relevant when England have literally sent a security expert to assess the security measures is laughable. They aren't Joe Bloggs getting a budget flight to Bangladesh.
Lol wow, I guess if an "expert" says something is ok it must be true.

91Jmay

International Coach
Lol wow, I guess if an "expert" says something is ok it must be true.
No, you're absolutely correct. A guy whose job it is to play cricket, some know nothings on a forum or a 30 year security veteran who has visited and checked out each of the security measures. Clearly all their opinions should be given the same credence.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
No, you're absolutely correct. A guy whose job it is to play cricket, some know nothings on a forum or a 30 year security veteran who has visited and checked out each of the security measures. Clearly all their opinions should be given the same credence.
You're aware that experts aren't these mystical infallible creatures who never get things wrong, right?

If, having considered the evidence put to them, Morgan and co prudentially decided that they were not prepared to risk their safety, then yes, that is their prerogative entirely.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Most of the places that England tour have high threat of terrorism warnings + heightened threat of attack against Uk interests and British nationals. Clearly Bangladesh is worse at present but that's why there will be lots of security. Terrorism is a threat wherever you are going. There's always that risk there. England headed back to India after the mumbai terror attacks. Two weeks later they were playing the test. Strauss himself scored twin hundreds.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Most of the places that England tour have high threat of terrorism warnings + heightened threat of attack against Uk interests and British nationals. Clearly Bangladesh is worse at present but that's why there will be lots of security. Terrorism is a threat wherever you are going. There's always that risk there. England headed back to India after the mumbai terror attacks. Two weeks later they were playing the test. Strauss himself scored twin hundreds.
And?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, and?

None of this makes Morgan's decision more or less valid.
I didn't have a problem with morgan's personal decision as I wrote earlier.

Just when people start listing the terrorist warnings and saying they shouldn't go. They do so without looking at the context of the situation - added security, past tours etc.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I didn't have a problem with morgan's personal decision as I wrote earlier.

Just when people start listing the terrorist warnings and saying they shouldn't go. They do so without looking at the context of the situation - added security, past tours etc.
In the unfortunate event of someone being blown up or whatever, I doubt the context would mean very much to them.

91Jmay

International Coach
You're aware that experts aren't these mystical infallible creatures who never get things wrong, right?

If, having considered the evidence put to them, Morgan and co prudentially decided that they were not prepared to risk their safety, then yes, that is their prerogative entirely.
So experts are totally fallible, but Morgan's decision is totally mystical and infallible. Right, glad we cleared that up.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I read 3 layers of security have been arranged. BD Army will be involved with tanks ******ing the team bus from hotel to stadium. The route will be cleared of any traffic. The question is with all these security personnel, tanks and everything, can England players concentrate on the game itself? Thats the main question now I think. Not the security.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I read 3 layers of security have been arranged. BD Army will be involved with tanks ******ing the team bus from hotel to stadium. The route will be cleared of any traffic. The question is with all these security personnel, tanks and everything, can England players concentrate on the game itself? Thats the main question now I think. Not the security.
Imagine taking a bullet for Stuart Broad