• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

cnerd123

likes this
WT20 Qualifiers final today. Bit pointless given both UAE and Ireland are already making it through to the next round, but I suppose there is pride, ranking points and a shiny trophy at stake.

Oman vs Nepal in 3rd/4th is interesting as well. Both teams playing for pride, Oman will want to win cuz they're at home but Nepal believe they should be the next Full Member so lets see how that goes.

Germany vs Philippines to see who can register their first and only win of the tournament should be fun too. I think Germany takes it. Canada should beat Bahrain but we could be in for another upset as well.

cnerd123

likes this
Big result for UAE that. I think they've now beaten Ireland in 5 consecutive T20Is or something similar, great record to have over a full-member nation. Oman imploded vs Nepal, lost their top 5 for nothing and managed just 87/9. Germany got a comfortable 9 wicket win over Philippines, and Canada beat Bahrain by 7 wickets - good result against the side that upset the eventual champions.

306/4 for BD vs Afghanistan in the 2nd ODI, 136 for Liton Das. Can't find a live stream anywhere. It's on FanCode in India but can't find a YT stream like they usually have for rest of the world. Found a dodgy stream on FB for the time being.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Apologies that alot of the video is in Swahili. Tariq Iqbal, who was running for chair has also gotten orders from the Sports Dispute Tribunal suspending the elections tomorrow

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Apologies that alot of the video is in Swahili. Tariq Iqbal, who was running for chair has also gotten orders from the Sports Dispute Tribunal suspending the elections tomorrow

Oh these went ahead anyway, and now Cricket Kenya has a board

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Quality innings under pressure from Gerhard Erasmus yesterday. Having to recover from 53-7 to set a 200 plus total, which was sufficient to win the game. Getting a decent team together, Namibia.
Sure are, Namibia really have been on the rise for a little while now, good to see that post T20 WC more people are beginning to take notice. Perhaps another top order bat could be handy, an extra fast bowler too (not sure where Ben Shikongo is, he's easily better than Lungameni imo), but it is a strong and well balanced outfit

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sure are, Namibia really have been on the rise for a little while now, good to see that post T20 WC more people are beginning to take notice. Perhaps another top order bat could be handy, an extra fast bowler too (not sure where Ben Shikongo is, he's easily better than Lungameni imo), but it is a strong and well balanced outfit
The concern I have is around the batting. Namibia do bat deep, but their top order batting isn't the strongest. When Craig Williams retires (again) he'll leave a huge gap. A top order of Baard, Green, Loftie-Eaton, Erasmus... Well only Erasmus is going to average over 30 out of that lot. I mean, van Lingen batting in the top 4?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
The concern I have is around the batting. Namibia do bat deep, but their top order batting isn't the strongest. When Craig Williams retires (again) he'll leave a huge gap. A top order of Baard, Green, Loftie-Eaton, Erasmus... Well only Erasmus is going to average over 30 out of that lot. I mean, van Lingen batting in the top 4?
Yeah Erasmus is a gun, but it isn't exactly healthy to be relying on one player to carry the top order. Maybe they could try to talk Kotze out of his kinda-sorta-retirement (he still plays a bit of club cricket in Windhoek) but even then it still looks pretty patchy up top. Really hard to know who might potentially have what it takes without actually seeing more footage of the batting stocks available

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah Erasmus is a gun, but it isn't exactly healthy to be relying on one player to carry the top order. Maybe they could try to talk Kotze out of his kinda-sorta-retirement (he still plays a bit of club cricket in Windhoek) but even then it still looks pretty patchy up top. Really hard to know who might potentially have what it takes without actually seeing more footage of the batting stocks available
Kotze hit 84 (50) on the weekend too.

cnerd123

likes this
Been some crazy games in this round of WCL2. Oman beat UAE by 8 runs, UAE recovering from 53/6 to chase down 207 vs Namibia (who themselves recovered from 83/7) then Oman beating UAE by 12 runs after a 41-run 10th wicket partnership. And in between all that, Namibia thumped Oman by 110 runs as well.

Namibia off to a poor start again today vs Oman.

1646978043496.png

Supposed to be 36 games for each team, playing each other team 6 times (twice home, twice away and twice at a 'neutral' venue). All supposed to be played as various tri-series. Nepal need to get their **** together and schedule some games. Oman are nearly done with their matches, and also have the highest win %, tho I think they might have played more games at home than originally planned due to the pandemic.

cnerd123

likes this
Another WCL 2 tri-series immediately off the back of the last one, UAE playing host to PNG and Nepal.

PNG's struggles continue - managed just 176/8 vs UAE today. They're having a real trouble replacing their 'Golden Generation'. Not a lot of depth or young talent coming through, it's a small enough country as is and most of their cricketers hail from Port Moresby, a city of just around 350K people. More than half the team are from a village of 15K people apparently. Some work to be done to get more people playing across the country, and to build more depth.