• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This Zimbabwe-Namibia series might be the best I've ever seen for player names. Some absolute pearlers.

(the site won't even parse the link - it's Divan la C0ck)

Innocent Kaia has an even better named brother (the other brother is sadly just Roy)

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The series decider is nicely poised - Zimbabwe need 60 from 50, but they're five down.

Edit: Make that six down.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Netherlands off to a good start vs West Indies

I'd make a thread but cbf. @SillyCowCorner1 @Beamer what do you make of this ODI pace attack from WI lol
Yesterday's pace attack was inexperienced to say the least, but I am hopeful...

Phillip needs to be persisted with...Mayers is an added bonus....Alzarri's the enforcer.

Next match I hope we get in Jayden Seales to complete the four-prong pace attack!

cnerd123

likes this
Scotland are climbing up the WCL2 points table nicely. Should finish 1st place if they get all their fixtures in.

Much needed win for USA yesterday. They've also got Oman and Nepal visiting later in the month, big opportunity for them to get into that Top 3.

UAE have lost both games on tour so far, but somewhat expected. Alien conditions and been a while seen most of them have played away from Asia. At risk of finishing 4th if USA get their **** together. Nepal with a ton of games left to play as well.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Scotland are climbing up the WCL2 points table nicely. Should finish 1st place if they get all their fixtures in.

Much needed win for USA yesterday. They've also got Oman and Nepal visiting later in the month, big opportunity for them to get into that Top 3.

UAE have lost both games on tour so far, but somewhat expected. Alien conditions and been a while seen most of them have played away from Asia. At risk of finishing 4th if USA get their **** together. Nepal with a ton of games left to play as well.
Scotland is a level above the rest. They should finish first. Yeah I too hope USA start stringing up wins.

cnerd123

likes this
HK's long summer of touring is underway today, playing Namibia in List A match:

First of 3 50 over games as a warmup leading into Challenge League B in Uganda

Expecting the worst given how raw the squad is coming into this long summer of cricket, but hoping for the best

cnerd123

likes this
**** me is Ehsan Khan injured in the first hour of a 4 month long campaign

Vikas Sharma looking raw, as expected, but Ayush has impressed

cnerd123

likes this
Also pretty awesome to see Yasim Murtaza, Zeeshan Ali and Dan Pascoe all in the National squad now. Top quality performers in domestic cricket, deserve this opportunity. Our batting and spin bowling looks really good, it's just in the pace attack we're a bit inexperienced. But Ayush is very promising and there are a couple of decent young seamers in HK who might get a call up at some point during this summer.

cnerd123

likes this
Solid effort in the chase so far. I think we'll fall short, but could still get 300. Not a bad effort given the rustiness and lack of match practice these guys have had, plus playing away from home vs strong opposition. Also 5 debutants!

Ghazanfar being in the XI and not getting a bowl is ITSTL. Definitely isn't in there for his batting. Might have picked up an injury while fielding that I missed? Just a practice match after all, so maybe they felt the others needed the overs more, but why not pick an extra batter if that was the case?