• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So far I am impressed by the quality of fielding. There’s a Gallagher guy really walloping they ball—he’s 28(16). His team need 52 in 31. So I’m hanging on for climatic finish

Chubb

International Regular
I don’t even know if this is the right thread to post this,but I’m currently watching the European Cricket Series being played in Helsinki.
Is Tatu Vehvilainen playing in that? We were teammates at uni. He's played a few games for Finland in the past but I don't know what he's doing now.

He's Finland-born but grew up in the UK and got into cricket, I know he'd done a bit of work for Cricket Finland as well. He was the only Finnish-named player in the team when he was in the national side.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
It's good to know there are emerging cricket tournaments and it is good to know that smaller cricket nations are being catered for but when they are so low key even cricket fans do not know, how does that help the spread of the game? Heck in England the game is becoming increasingly niche and we are one of the "top" nations for this sport.

Look at the struggle of Ireland and Afghanistan barely getting a test or the WC being more and more limited.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Speaking about emerging cricket tournaments, it seems the local stakeholders in Kenya have decided that board or no board, Cricket must move forward. Don't ask me about the first edition of that Simba Premier League, cos I legit have never heard of it before I stumbled on that link I have shared.

cnerd123

likes this
The story of Moroccan cricket is an interesting one

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Ireland V UAE begins today. Quite a young squad really, which is something that hasn't been true of the Irish in a looooooooong time. Realistically Kevin O'Brien is the last man standing from that 2007 World Cup golden generation that were so instrumental in the rise of the team up the international ladder

cnerd123

likes this
Ireland V UAE begins today. Quite a young squad really, which is something that hasn't been true of the Irish in a looooooooong time. Realistically Kevin O'Brien is the last man standing from that 2007 World Cup golden generation that were so instrumental in the rise of the team up the international ladder
live stream on fb: