• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

mackembhoy

International Debutant
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah muh stats

Seriously, just handing out T20I status to everyone is certainly going to motivate the growth of cricket in countries to an extent. T20Is are already a joke format so I really don't mind.
oh no not the sanctity of the fastest fifty in a t20 international record how else will cricket recover from this great mickey mousing of such an important figure
Although when you put it like that :laugh::laugh:

I'm autistic I have an excuse or something

Owzat

U19 Captain
emerging nation England took a thumping at the hands of New Zealand in the World Cup, only batsman to make fifty didn't go on or do so quickly enough, the bowlers were about effective as a sunshade made of butter

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya beat Rwanda, in the first Africa t20 qualifiers. Collins Obuya continues to be the last man standing from the dawn of this format of the game way back in 2003

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Namibia are in the middle of absolutely murdering zimbabwe in the qualifiers. Would be funny if zimbabwe don't make the t20 WC after their efforts last tournament.

cnerd123

likes this
The top 2 sides make it through. Despite getting hammered by Namibia in the opening game, Zimbabwe should still have enough quality to finish 2nd. But Kenya or Uganda pinching a spot would be fantastic.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
A top 3 of van lingen-inform davin-erasmus makes Namibia so much better as a team. There big issue before was there lack of a top 4/5 bar Erasmus, they look alot better now.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya currently 3-0 and Zimbabwe are 1-2 after dropping a game to Uganda. Very likely that one of Kenya and Uganda get through alongside Namibia now.
Migingo derby for a World Cups slot? Kenya still have to also beat one of Namibia or Zimababwe though.

cnerd123

likes this
that's a massive result for Uganda! Zimbabwe need to win all their remaining matches and hope Uganda drop a match to either Rwanda or Nigeria, and that Kenya also lose to Namibia and Uganda. Even then it comes down to NRR. They're basically done.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
yeah Zimbabwe not making the top-20 is uhhh bad times even if t20 is more random

i watched a few of the Uganda opening overs and they barely could get bat on ball, but obviously picked a bad time