• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Dutch Tri-Series Thread

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
mike clarke is a very talented cricketer, and that sehwag catch was wonderful. we also taunted ponting a lot hehehe

Last edited:

Slow Love™

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Oooh, Bucknor gives out Ponting to controversial LBW decision.

Did you get that, whingers? Bucknor gives out Australian against Indians!

Time to put the discrimination theories to bed.
Last time I checked, one counter-example doesn't disprove an established pattern of behaviour. I'm an Aussie supporter, and so are the majority of my friends, but even we thought that Bucknor had a bug up his a$$ regarding the Indians, and that it was reflected in some of the decisions he made on the field. In fact, we thought his behaviour over the course of the series down here was plain bizarre - and occasionally vindictive.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bucknor gave a ludicrous lbw decison to Tendulkar in the first test in Australia having refused a number of close shouts when Australia batted. Then in the fina and deciding test he refused two or three plumb lbw shouts of Agarkar to Langer which meant India were unable to push for victory. Then in the Pakistan series, he refused everything the Indians appealed for and then when India batted the first shout against Chopra he stuck his finger up even though it was marginal. Thats enoguh evidence for me.

And i don't even hate Bucknor that much although it was obvious he had a problem with India. But i still think Ponting was an assh0le for saying it hit his bat and should be banned for one game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Neil Pickup said:
Oooh, Bucknor gives out Ponting to controversial LBW decision.

Did you get that, whingers? Bucknor gives out Australian against Indians!

Time to put the discrimination theories to bed.
What's more significant is the way Ponting reacted. Now compare that to Sachin's. Big difference.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
So you're seriously telling us that Bucknor has got 10 consecutive decisions wrong all against India?

And you call Steve Waugh a sore loser... 8-)
Did India lose the Test series in Australia ?? :p

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
Did Australia lose???
Yes, they lost the test series in India where Steve Waugh acted like a sore loser after the winning streak was broken and he failed to capture the Final Frontier. :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And there's a difference between that and the way you're whinging about Bucknor?

Didn't think so...

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
I thought for a moment that I was going blind when I couldn't find this thread as it was being stickied. :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Slow Love™ said:
Last time I checked, one counter-example doesn't disprove an established pattern of behaviour. I'm an Aussie supporter, and so are the majority of my friends, but even we thought that Bucknor had a bug up his a$$ regarding the Indians, and that it was reflected in some of the decisions he made on the field. In fact, we thought his behaviour over the course of the series down here was plain bizarre - and occasionally vindictive.
Aye, I was merely pointing out that it was a possible occurence.

masterblaster

International Captain
I don't think their is a chance in hell that we'll be seeing India in the final.

Good too, it will wake them up a bit and shake them up a little bit. Im sure most of the youngsters were getting a little overconfident after so many people gave them the 'second best in the world' tag.

This only seemed to make them lacklustre and complacent.

I hope England pushes India in the Natwest Challenge as well, as we're a sleeping giant at the moment.

Wake Up India!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
masterblaster said:
I hope England pushes India in the Natwest Challenge as well, as we're a sleeping giant at the moment.

Wake Up India!
With so many players being injured after they had a break prior to the Asia Cup, you wonder how they spent their break.

Its a case of lack of seriousness.

There is no place for injured or unfit players, whoever it is. Either be fit or get out of the team and get yourself fit and come back.

Too much cricket is blamed a lot of the times but that is half the story. A lot of times players are negligent too as may well be the case with the current Indian side.

Swervy

International Captain
Sanz said:
Yes, they lost the test series in India where Steve Waugh acted like a sore loser after the winning streak was broken and he failed to capture the Final Frontier. :p
well you question was 'did India lose in Australia' to which my reply was 'Did Australia'....the answer is no..does TV not teach you anything Sanz

Slow Love™

International Captain
Aargh... The Australia vs Pakistan game is washed out. I guess that snuffs out the last - admittedly extremely unlikely - hopes of the Indians. Bit disappointing to miss out on so much cricket - it would have been an interesting game. (Very good for my fantasy cricket chances though, heh heh.) By the sounds of how bad the deluge is, apparently the final's in a lot of doubt too.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
In a development, the three cricket boards will be meeting to decide whether they should have the match tomorrow. An extra day if matches are rained out wasnt in the tournament earlier.

Slater, known to maked the most interesting points, makes another. He is in the studio with the Set Max crew in Holland. He says it would be great from the viewers points if the match is played tomorrow and he would like to see the match tomorrow. But being a recent player, he can say for the Aussies they will not want to play tomorrow. They wont be tired but as they wont want to play.

I think the playing stipulations are set earlier. Its ridiculous how such decisions are even being thought of being decided last moment..

Swervy

International Captain
Deja moo said:
Thats ridiculous . Why didnt they continue the Aus-Ind match yesterday then ?

thats a good point..i think they would have had to re-start the game as opposed to continuing from where it ended....its was probably raining yesterday as well though.

But yeah, you cant just change the rules of a tournament half way through