• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - NZ v Sri Lanka (27th Sept)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Jayawardene the key wicket now IMO - has shown before that once he's in can score quickly without taking many risks. Damn dropped catches.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jayawardene the key wicket now IMO - has shown before that once he's in can score quickly without taking many risks. Damn dropped catches.
Yeah, that ton he got against us in the WC semi in 07 still haunts me. It felt like he was only on 40-odd, but there he was scoring a century.

In other news, WICKET! FRANKY!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yes YES YES!!!!!

Franky bowls a rubbish no ball and then gets hit for four and I was cursing, and then that. Give him a big kiss!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hoping we can get that RRR up around 7 within the next 5-6 overs. Samaraweera is one guy we should be able to apply pressure to by limiting his scoring.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Seriously, why is it that Franklin bowls 125kph some days and 140kph other days? Just lazy?
Think it really depends on his rhythm. Blakey is right on the money when he talks about how emotional Franklin is. When he is in his groove he can be a world beater, otherwise he struggles.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Think it really depends on his rhythm. Blakey is right on the money when he talks about how emotional Franklin is. When he is in his groove he can be a world beater, otherwise he struggles.
I dunno about a world beater. He reminds me a bit of Anderson. However, Anderson has been much more lethal when things are going well for him.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I dunno about a world beater. He reminds me a bit of Anderson. However, Anderson has been much more lethal when things are going well for him.
Well swinging at 140 is always going to be hard to play, but still probably not the best in the world even at his peak.

Still...
Better than Oram.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm a fan of Franklin tbh. Think it's great for New Zealand to have him back and fully fit.