• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - NZ v Sri Lanka (27th Sept)

Days of Grace

International Captain
McCullum hogging the strike here.

So far, it doesn't seem to be seaming and swinging around too alarmingly.

But there is good bounce and it is coming onto the bat so it should suit both our batsmen and bowlers.

I remain cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FFS. Ryder's done a hammy.

Strongest team we've put on the field in ages, and this happens.

_Ed_

Yeah, definitely not a hamstring. Wasn't sure what it was at first so took a wild guess.

That, however, was awesome. Worst piece of fielding I've ever seen? Maybe.

_Ed_

And that was nearly as bad - the same fielder! Kicked it and it nearly went for four.

99*

International Debutant
The way Ryder's batting now we clearly need to tell him he's only got a few months left to live.

_Ed_

Strongly disagree with these commentators criticising the batsman's right to have a runner.

"Maybe if you had a genuine injury, getting hit somewhere." Err, what? You're saying Ryder's not genuinely injured?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great stuff BFJ. My one concern is that running between the wickets is the only real form of exercise that he gets.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I think they mean that he injured himself. He wasn't hit or anything.

Still harsh, though.

Would Manjrekar be saying that about Tendulkar?

Smart stuff this from Ryder. Sri Lanka has not opted to take the powerplay, so he milks the singles.

Loving it at the moment tbh.

Last edited:

_Ed_

With Ryder going like this, I would have been tempted to make the most of it and use the batting powerplay.

Uppercut

You'd have to say this is one of our strongest bowling attacks in years.

Bond,Tuffey,Mills,Vettori,Franklin is pretty damn good.

Shame the same thing can't be said about our batting lineup.
I'd say the batting lineup's strong too, it's just been badly out of form for ages. If you had McCullum, Ryder and Taylor all firing you couldn't complain too much.

They also have that "let's bat defensively in ODIs for no reason" tactic atm.

_Ed_

Did Sri Lanka DROP Murali? Never thought I'd see the day.
He volunteered to be dropped, apparently. It shows what an amazing guy he is, according to Kumar. They should have said "STFU, you're playing", but seemingly not.