• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, Colts are pretty lopsided, can get themselves an easy target to chase down but can't bat to save their lives.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robertinho said:
Yeah, Colts are pretty lopsided, can get themselves an easy target to chase down but can't bat to save their lives.
While batting isn't our stregth we have been known to put together some quite handy scores.

We'll just wait until the next 'blow up' happens at one of the coloured clubs and hope it's a batsman and we'll snap them up when it does.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
dontcloseyoureyes said:
****, now Colts are a tad dangerous with the ball. Shame they can't bat.
We already were dangerous with the ball. Who knows if Patrick will even get a FC game for us...

ash chaulk

International Captain
RUMOUR MILL

Opening batsmen to retire from Dev. League - player from either Blue or Black

Goff not the man in video with page 3 girls infact its a rookie from Red dressed as Goff.

Chris Butlers injury was infact not an injury but a personal problem kept secret.

Sean Bennett chips a bone in his ankle and will have to bowl from standing starts if hes to play in the next clash

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
dontcloseyoureyes said:
It'd be rather silly if he didn't tbh.
Which pace bowler would he replace?

Considering all three of our current pacers average 22 or lower for the Colts...

Once more, expressing that Patrick is certainly a wanted player at the Colts, and will play a fair bit. His spot is more likely to come at the expense of a spinner rather than of Hancock, Wright or Thomas though, I would have thought.

ash chaulk

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:

Considering all three of our current pacers average 22 or lower for the Colts...

Once more, expressing that Patrick is certainly a wanted player at the Colts, and will play a fair bit. His spot is more likely to come at the expense of a spinner rather than of Hancock, Wright or Thomas though, I would have thought.
outta those 3 you would obviously replace wright muhahaha

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
vic_orthdox said:

Personally I don't care, as it's not my team, but I can say, if he was at Blacks, he'd surely get a game, and we've got a strong bowling lineup too. He's a top player and should be playing regularily, if not every game he's available for.

But it's obviously not up to me, you guys run your club as you wish.

Loony BoB

International Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Personally I don't care, as it's not my team, but I can say, if he was at Blacks, he'd surely get a game, and we've got a strong bowling lineup too. He's a top player and should be playing regularily, if not every game he's available for.

But it's obviously not up to me, you guys run your club as you wish.
Wright, Hancock and Thomas all took more wickets at a lower average than Patrick last season. It's all down to good captaincy IMO. ;) Maybe Patrick will shine even more at Colts than he did at Blue. We can only find out by waiting for the right time to put him into the side! Will be awesome to have him on board as I have a lot of respect for him, and I hope that a lot of the players in the league still do as well. Ex PA-Rep and ODI player for the CWXI, nice stuff.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I personally would have more respect if names were named to be honest.

The sort of thing alleged should not be allowed to go on, but it will if people can sewe they can get away with it.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Kyle's the captain, not me. :p I'm just the vice. But I might have learned a thing or two and implemented it at times. ;)

Hoggy31

International Captain
James90 said:
Hadn't considered that.

Two things will eventually happen, Patrick won't play for Blue instead he'll play either grade cricket or with another club. With another club, Blue would need a trade as they won't settle to losing Patrick for nothing.

The other thing is whether the names will be announced or not. If they are then a neccessary punishment (probably not as serious as they fear) will be dished out and we can all move on. If not then everyone continues to live under a shadow and two players (we all know Borcich was the black) need to look at their own courage or lack of.

Simple really.
Whoa, let's not say things we can't take back.

The person from Black was not me. In saying this, I have strong suspicion that it was renowned loose-cannon Ash Chaulk.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Borcich Speaks Out About Crowd Abuse.

By Scotty Fava

CW Black fast bowling sensation Nick Borcich has spoken out about the wave of abuse he recieved from the CW Red section of the crowd in yesterday's match. Borcich claims the crowd constantly hurled insults and beer bottles at him. A statement released to the media by Borcich's manager Djibril Cisse told about Borcich's disgust at the rough treatment from the fans and that he was especially apalled at the behaviour of Glenda Dauth, who coincidently is the mother of batsman Rob Dauth. Glenda launched several personal attacks on Borcich, even drawing reference to their much publicised romantic affair back in Season 9. Borcich has reportedly booked several meetings over the next few days with club psychologist Stuart Bocking.

Last edited:

luffy

International Captain
Hoggy31 said:
Borcich Speaks Out About Crowd Abuse.

By Scotty Fava

CW Black fast bowling sensation Nick Borcich has spoken out about the wave of abuse he recieved from the CW Red section of the crowd in yesterday's match. Borcich claims the crowd constantly hurled insults and beer bottles at him. A statement released to the media by Borcich's manager Djibril Cisse told about Borcich's disgust at the rough treatment from the fans and that he was especially apalled at the behaviour of Glenda Dauth, who coincidently is the mother of batsman Rob Dauth. Glenda launched several personal attacks on Borcich, even drawing reference to their much publicised romantic affair back in Season 9. Borcich has reportedly booked several meetings over the next few days with club psychologist Stuart Bocking.
Sucked In :laugh: :laugh: