• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
If people have apologised and Nath doesn't want to make any more of it how about we just leave it be.
Because a big deal has been made of it, and people have the right to know? Had Nath not told everyone on CW, then things would be different.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Because a big deal has been made of it, and people have the right to know? Had Nath not told everyone on CW, then things would be different.

People have the right to know do they?

Personally i would have thought Nath would be the one with the right to keep the names of people who send personal emails to him out of the public arena.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
People have the right to know do they?

Personally i would have thought Nath would be the one with the right to keep the names of people who send personal emails to him out of the public arena.
So why bring it up at all, if you're not going to release their names? Claiming that "senior Blue players" have sent you abusive emails and then refusing to name the individuals is basically accusing the whole team of something they didn't do. I'd have thought Patrick had enough respect for his teammates not to do that.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently he has changed his mind and wants to move on. Perhaps his teammates should respect his decision. From what Nath said i dont think it is likely to happen again, i think the people invvolved might have learnt their lesson anyway.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
Apparently he has changed his mind and wants to move on. Perhaps his teammates should respect his decision. From what Nath said i dont think it is likely to happen again, i think the people invvolved might have learnt their lesson anyway.
NO, from what Nath has said he is still copping it, and i quote "The other person is still laughing at me and calling me soft"...

As far as im concerned if allegations are made then they should be followed through on...
A Senior Blue member is not really a big pool to pick from and in fairness to all it would be better for names to be released and the culprits dealt with... This isnt just about CW XI, someone is being bullied and if some dumbass child on here is participating in this then name and shame them, show people the fools they really are...

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Blewy said:
NO, from what Nath has said he is still copping it, and i quote "The other person is still laughing at me and calling me soft"...

As far as im concerned if allegations are made then they should be followed through on...
A Senior Blue member is not really a big pool to pick from and in fairness to all it would be better for names to be released and the culprits dealt with... This isnt just about CW XI, someone is being bullied and if some dumbass child on here is participating in this then name and shame them, show people the fools they really are...
here here!!! Names please :(

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blewy said:

Agreed. Personally I think the Blue management should be doing more to resolve this issue. Even if a formal complaint hasn't been made by Nath, the chance that a senior Blue member and possibly other Blue players could be involved in this, should be getting the attention of the Blue management and sorting these things out.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
Agreed. Personally I think the Blue management should be doing more to resolve this issue. Even if a formal complaint hasn't been made by Nath, the chance that a senior Blue member and possibly other Blue players could be involved in this, should be getting the attention of the Blue management and sorting these things out.
We are looking into it, but really its hard to do anything without Nath's help...

All i will say is that we will not accept these antics from any Blue player and if they are proven then they WILL face consequences...

PY

International Coach
Mister Wright said:
Completely agreed but we can't do anything at the moment because we didn't know it was going on before and we're no more in the know now its occurence is in the open. How would you propose we go about being more pro-active?

I agree with what Blewy said, name and shame all the way.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
What would you propose? Liam spoke with everyone in the leadership group at Blue and nobody knows what Nath is talking about. If Nath isn't willing to release the names and nobody is coming forward, there's nothing that can be done.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Patrick is hindering his team in many ways by not naming the players, much as the players not coming forward is hindering his team.

1) He is denying them a capable bowler who CW Blue likely depended on playing for the majority of the season.
2) He is denying the clearing of names - suddenly everyone at CW Blue has the air of suspicion over them. Some people may be unfairly accused by other players because of this. I believe Demeza has already been accused - if he is not cleared when he was actually not involved at all then this is very unfair on him to have suspicion surrounding his name, as with any other player accused, be it a public accusation or not.
3) There are apparently three people who are not together with the good spirit of this league and they should be punished accordingly, else people think they can get away with such things in the future. We must set an example. It also is detrimental to the league as now many people are at odds with each other over what is happening.
4) The CW Blue side are now seemingly at odds with their players as well as any potential signings they might have had in mind for the future due to the allegation that a member (or members) of their panel is corrupt.
5) Patrick is in breach of his contract with CW Blue by not turning up for training and/or games when requested. Unless he makes an official and formal complaint, this breach of contract in itself is a punishable offence on a legal level.

As the PA Rep, I feel that there are many more parties now involved in this matter than Patrick and three allegedly offensive players from CW Blue and CW Black. This affects all players at CW Blue and CW Black with regards to their name needing to be cleared should they request it, and also all other sides in the Dev League who may wish to be signing a player from CW Blue or CW Black - how are they to know if they are signing someone who will eventually be punished - possibly suspended or banned - for being corrupt or abusive in a past team?

Legally, Patrick is in breach of contract by not turning up for his side when selected - unless, of course, he sends in an official and formal complaint. If he is not satisfied that CW Blue are capable of dealing with the matter reasonably on an internal level, he should be able to at least talk to myself (email loony_bob@yahoo.com) - as a past PA Rep I'm sure he knows that I will keep all information confidential unless he wishes for it to be known, however I must remain firm that unless he is to either rejoin his CW Blue side in training and in matches he is selected in or else to make an official and formal complaint, he is in breach of contract and therefore the player in the wrong at this present time.

I hope that Patrick can clear his name from the accusations towards him of being a liar, and also that he can clear the names of those who wish to have their name cleared in this matter so that either they can be removed from CW Blue to the point that Patrick feels he can remain, or else so that CW Blue can understand the situation and release Patrick without any need for a trade due to their own corruption.

If any other players would like to contact me with any thoughts on this matter, be they from CW Blue, CW Black or another party, I would welcome them to as well. I will treat all emails confidentially and advise them well in advance of any statements I would like to make with regards to what they might say to me.

Last edited:

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Loony BoB said:
2) He is denying the clearing of names - suddenly everyone at CW Blue has the air of suspicion over them. Some people may be unfairly accused by other players because of this. I believe Demeza has already been accused - if he is not cleared when he was actually not involved at all then this is very unfair on him to have suspicion surrounding his name, as with any other player accused, be it a public accusation or not.
I think this accusation was from Sean Bennett of the reds. Yes? I'm sure he didn't mean it, if he did, then that's a shame.

Regardless of which, i've got nothing to do with Patrick and whatever it is that he has been involved in of late (other than playing cricket).

That's about it. Hopefully my name doesn't arise again.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
5) Patrick is in breach of his contract with CW Blue by not turning up for training and/or games when requested. Unless he makes an official and formal complaint, this breach of contract in itself is a punishable offence on a legal level.

Blue are refusing to sack him though aren't they, Liam has given their reasons for that somewhere.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Blue have no good reason to 'sack' him until they are given a reason to let him go. If he does get 'sacked' then it will just pave the way for other players to replay this scenario in order to leave a side in order to move to another. If Malone was to do this to you without saying who he had problems with, would you let him go for nothing in the middle of a season? What if another of your top players followed suit?

The open move window is there for a reason, and if players were allowed to just move whenever they wanted just by making accusations without backing them up, then the transfers around here would be chaotic and the sides very unbalanced. It would be the downfall of the integrity of this league and we would become just another Zimbabwe in the longer run if people who are supposedly corrupt are running the shows at some clubs.

I am quite confident that if Nathan was to name names then the CW Blue management would be much more open to the idea of letting Nath move on.

As there are no money reprecussions for breach of contract in this sim, the only way to punish a breach of contract is to stop a player from moving to another team. At the moment, the breach is with Patrick. If he chooses not to name names, then that's his decision, however it leaves him losing the credibility in the eyes of some players and the like, not to mention the right to move. I for one find Nath to be a great guy, so I hope in the end he makes the right decision, the one that is best for himself, his current teammates and this league as a whole.

EDIT: In the case that you were suggesting that the breach of contract means he should be sacked, that is not the case - I'm fairly sure anyone can be in breach of contract and be retained for employment. However, they could be sued, I believe.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pretty much sick of you all to be honest. I can very much see how it`s hard for you all to accept what happened and accept my decision. I`m still talking to the people concerned via e-mail. I understand the positives in naming the people, but can you not see it from their perspective? Apart from the one tool who`s still laughing, the other two thought it would be a funny prank to pull and didn`t realise I`d get so fired up and probably didn`t think it`d have reprecussions. All of us have made mistakes, but I don`t know if publicly shaming these people will do anything.

PY

International Coach
Nnanden said:
Pretty much sick of you all to be honest. I can very much see how it`s hard for you all to accept what happened and accept my decision. I`m still talking to the people concerned via e-mail. I understand the positives in naming the people, but can you not see it from their perspective? Apart from the one tool who`s still laughing, the other two thought it would be a funny prank to pull and didn`t realise I`d get so fired up and probably didn`t think it`d have reprecussions. All of us have made mistakes, but I don`t know if publicly shaming these people will do anything.
:laugh:

Such drama.