• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Seems fictiscious to me, you can't name names that don't exist. I've been at blue for 3 and a bit seasons, never heard anything of the likes.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mister Wright said:
There needs to be an investigation into this and IMO the players should be named and some sort of internal Blue punishment should be handed out.
I agree except it shouldn't be an internal punishment.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I can't imagine that a senior Blue player would do anything of the sort, but if they did it should certainly be brought out into the open. The alternative is casting doubt over all your former teammates, which is something I'd hope you wouldn't want to do.

PY

International Coach
marc71178 said:
I agree except it shouldn't be an internal punishment.
What has it got to do with you Marc?

I can tell you, absolutely nothing. The ECB wouldn't hand out punishments in a situation like this, it'd be left to the club to do it.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PY said:

I can tell you, absolutely nothing. The ECB wouldn't hand out punishments in a situation like this, it'd be left to the club to do it.
Agree 100%

David

International 12th Man
PY said:

True, it's not, but this situation is a little bit different to that of a real club. Everyone else was allowed to put in their opinions, why not Marc? I'm sick of seeing people around this forum constantly have a go at him just because he's outspoken.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
CW Blue will look for a fair trade
No you won't. I asked Liam who he'd want for Patrick and he said Kennett, and that there was no one else on Reds he'd want. Now Patrick's gun and all, but Kennett >>> Patrick. All Patrick wants to do is play for another team. He's never done a thing like this before and I'm sure he has fair reasons other than being dropped because Nath's not like that. You're denying him the chance to play for another club by trying to extort something extra out of the situation. If anyone's being held to ransom, it's Patrick.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
No you won't. I asked Liam who he'd want for Patrick and he said Kennett, and that there was no one else on Reds he'd want. Now Patrick's gun and all, but Kennett >>> Patrick. All Patrick wants to do is play for another team. He's never done a thing like this before and I'm sure he has fair reasons other than being dropped because Nath's not like that. You're denying him the chance to play for another club by trying to extort something extra out of the situation. If anyone's being held to ransom, it's Patrick.
A fair trade would be a bowler of equivalent talents. There's a number of people Camps would accept for him I'm sure, but we're hardly going to accept a massive loss. We'll hold out for a fair deal, simple as that. If Patrick wanted to leave the team without being traded he should have done it in the off-season.

Incidentally, what other bowler do you think Red has that is comparable to Patrick? Given that you're not particularly likely to trade your captain.

PY

International Coach
David said:
True, it's not, but this situation is a little bit different to that of a real club. Everyone else was allowed to put in their opinions, why not Marc? I'm sick of seeing people around this forum constantly have a go at him just because he's outspoken.
Fair call, I (wrongly) took it that he was referring to all having a say in a suspension but he wasn't and I apologise for that. I came down (too) hard because his was the first suggestion that it was anything but an internal matter. I disagreed with what he said and you haven't justified at all why it's any different.

And the dig about comments has nothing to do with me, I would like to think I'm on pretty good terms with Marc & I trust you'll have proof that I pick on him?

EDIT: I didn't make myself clear, so edited it even though you've seen it now. :p

Last edited:

David

International 12th Man
PY said:
And the dig about comments has nothing to do with me, I would like to think I'm on pretty good terms with Marc & I trust you'll have proof that I pick on him?
Ahh, I didn't mean to imply that it was you specifically, it's just certain incidents I've seen round the forum in which a variety of people have made comments towards Marc which I found aggressive.

PY

International Coach
David said:
Ahh, I didn't mean to imply that it was you specifically, it's just certain incidents I've seen round the forum in which a variety of people have made comments towards Marc which I found aggressive.
I agree with you which's why I found it bizarre I was 'singled out'.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The saga continues.

Accusations of foul play towards pair of Black players
By ARTHUR

In recent developments of the story that has shocked CW Cricket to it's very core, today, in a leaked statement to the press, it has been revealed that members of CW Blue management believe there to be some foul play from a pair of CW Black's key batsmen.

This is the first I'm hearing of this issue. I suspect that the Black player would be Blackman or Smith, but I can't think of who the Blue players will be.
Black opening batsman Daniel Smith has since refuted all allegations, saying "I've never even spoken to Patrick outside of the environment of the Dev League. Sure, we've had the occasional chat at social functions, like at last years "Blonde locks like Bracken" day in Pickford, but I definately haven't communicated with him recently, or about anything to do with his decision to opt out of his contract at CW Blue. That's all I have to say."

Alex Blackman is yet to release a statement.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
steds said:
Patrick > Kennett in OD.

Prior to this season:

Patrick FC 334 @ 27.18
Kennett FC 626 @ 27.03
Patrick OD 142 @ 29.18
Kennett OD 112 @ 32.61

Now tell me there's someone at Red (aside from the untradeable captain) who we would want other than Kennett. That said, there was an inquiry about another one of Red's bowlers.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
steds said:
So you're saying Blue should trade off our best bowler for a bowler of lesser value purely to allow our best bowler to get playing time with another club in direct competition with us? And we're at fault here? Right. 8-)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
In a follow up statement, The Campsfield Times has released the details of their hiring of two new, high profile editors, due to recent complaints of poor spelling and grammar. Reports that their previous editor, James Jameson was an alcoholic have been feverishly denied.