• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

Loony BoB

International Captain
If that is the case and you are happy to understand that they are not at significant fault, will you continue playing for CW Blue now that all seems to be forgiven?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Also now finding it almost funny that I`m defending them.

And Towns - I pretty much quit Blue, which leaves it hard for them to sack me yes? I`m not keen on playing in a team with one guy who`s not a fan, and now other guys who don`t even believe me. I`m glad that Liam, although not really caring to discuss this thoruoughly, has not put be down, but so many other players at Blue think I`m a joke.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
Pretty much sick of you all to be honest. I can very much see how it`s hard for you all to accept what happened and accept my decision. I`m still talking to the people concerned via e-mail. I understand the positives in naming the people, but can you not see it from their perspective? Apart from the one tool who`s still laughing, the other two thought it would be a funny prank to pull and didn`t realise I`d get so fired up and probably didn`t think it`d have reprecussions. All of us have made mistakes, but I don`t know if publicly shaming these people will do anything.
Well why not name the fool who keeps laughing mate... I feel the position your in but if one guy is still causing greif then he obviously doesnt care about the outcome..

Loony BoB

International Captain
So you understand that you will not be able to join a new side until the next window? If so, then all is well, however I still think that should a player wish to clear their name should they not be involved that they should have the right to request you do this for them.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Loony BoB said:
So you understand that you will not be able to join a new side until the next window? If so, then all is well, however I still think that should a player wish to clear their name should they not be involved that they should have the right to request you do this for them.
Seeing as i'm apparently on the list, that would be nice.

PY

International Coach
Nnanden said:
Also now finding it almost funny that I`m defending them.

And Towns - I pretty much quit Blue, which leaves it hard for them to sack me yes? I`m not keen on playing in a team with one guy who`s not a fan, and now other guys who don`t even believe me. I`m glad that Liam, although not really caring to discuss this thoruoughly, has not put be down, but so many other players at Blue think I`m a joke.
The way you've acted towards us is nothing short of awful. But that is your choice, I thought you were the heart of Blue but circumstances have contrived otherwise.

I don't think it's worth posting on anymore, we've reached an impasse. Trade and I wish you all the best in your new team. And I hope you don't get me out or I won't be impressed. :p

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Pretty much sick of you all to be honest. I can very much see how it`s hard for you all to accept what happened and accept my decision. I`m still talking to the people concerned via e-mail. I understand the positives in naming the people, but can you not see it from their perspective? Apart from the one tool who`s still laughing, the other two thought it would be a funny prank to pull and didn`t realise I`d get so fired up and probably didn`t think it`d have reprecussions. All of us have made mistakes, but I don`t know if publicly shaming these people will do anything.

The Oscar-winning moment.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha. Cheers Pete. You think this is easy? Refuse to name people and be called a liar. Name people and have two of them hate me, have them miss out on CW Cricket because of a prank, they`re now sorry for, and I wold still have people angry for not doing something sooner. Great options.

I`ve gained so much from this as well. Apart from a clump of people (thanks for the record) defending me, most people reckon I`m a fraud and a liar. I`m also not playing Development League Cricket. My comment in The Blue Thread when I wasn`t selected for the next side was an excuse to avoid this whole issue. But I got **** on for not saying anything. So I said a little bit more. Apparently that`s not enough.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
Haha. Cheers Pete. You think this is easy? Refuse to name people and be called a liar. Name people and have two of them hate me, have them miss out on CW Cricket because of a prank, they`re now sorry for, and I wold still have people angry for not doing something sooner. Great options.

I`ve gained so much from this as well. Apart from a clump of people (thanks for the record) defending me, most people reckon I`m a fraud and a liar. I`m also not playing Development League Cricket. My comment in The Blue Thread when I wasn`t selected for the next side was an excuse to avoid this whole issue. But I got **** on for not saying anything. So I said a little bit more. Apparently that`s not enough.
I know you think im one who called you a liar.. However i would like to say the only time i questioned you was before you gave reasons.. After which i have backed you(even if i do believe you should give names)...

ash chaulk

International Captain
i would have taken the same path as you nath.

lets get on with it.

stop bullying him into naming people were not all detectives

Loony BoB

International Captain
I hope that people don't get "calling me a liar" and "trying to find out what's going on" and "wanting justice to be given to the guy who hasn't apologised" confused.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Personally, I find it hard to believe that people are getting up at Nath for not saying who it was. IMO, Nath's doing a good thing by allowing the people who did it apologise rather than having to be named. Anyone can go and start dobbing people in, but it takes a good bloke to be willing to let those who did it get off if they apologise for it privately. Can't believe that you people are accusing him of doing something wrong.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
People are getting up him because the longer they remain nameless, the longer a shadow of doubt is cast over them. I can speak from experience, having been suspected of wrong-doing in this case. I'd certainly appreciate if he cleared my name, and I'm sure Demeza would too.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Look surely it benefits no-one to have Patrick playing grade cricket. He obviously doesn't want any more to do with Blue and I don't blame him. This is their issue and if losing one of their strike bowlers ends up as the punishment then so be it. I can hardly see how Black are involved with this, the Black player didn't do anything wrong like threatening Patrick, it was just sledging which is part and parcel with this sport.

It also seems as if a trade doesn't look likely as teams are not willing to give up the players that Blue demands. Show some sportsmanship and let the guy go to a free market which as far as I'm concerned means the next team in rotation gets him free. Enough is enough...lets finish this!

Loony BoB

International Captain
I think Blue is next in line :p Particularly if they lose him, that would mean their squad decreases further.

Again, though, if he doesn't want to make an official complaint to anyone at all, and still wants to leave his side, then he can only wait for a trade suited to his management or wait for the next window. Otherwise anyone could end up doing something similar when they feel like a new team. I'm not saying Nath is the kind of person to do this, however it sets precedent for people in the future to leave sides outside the windows and get away with it for whatever reason they like, given that they wouldn't have to back it up if Nath doesn't.

Last edited: