• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW U19s in Europe

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
CW Under 19 XI v England

1. T Mamesh (c)
2. S Jasotharan
3. N Scott
4. B Vaughan
5. S Burke (wk/vc)
6. M Pitt
7. H Warwick
8. C Benjamin
9. P Gundry
10. A Cameron
11. R Edmunds

12th man: M Currie

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Hoo Hoo! Pom thrashing time, let's not play like pur previous matches, let's win it good boys!

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
chaminda_00 said:
CW Under 19 XI v England

1. T Mamesh (c)
2. S Jasotharan
3. N Scott
4. B Vaughan
5. S Burke (wk/vc)
6. M Pitt
7. H Warwick
8. C Benjamin
9. P Gundry
10. A Cameron
11. R Edmunds

12th man: M Currie
Thanks
Also is that the England 1st team (Strauss, Trescothik etc)

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
England U-19 v Cricket Web U-19
at Hove

The Webheads took their third win in as many games on the British Isles, with a fine team effort without the great individual performances. England U-19 batted first, but failed to make an imposing total, as Andy Cameron continued his fine bowling effort. Cameron was probably the best player of the day, zipping the ball around on the Hove greentop, and one particularly beautiful delivery took out Varun Chopra's leg stump. It was to be Cameron's only wicket - though his team-mates didn't help, flooring several catches - and when first change bowler Rich Edmunds nicked the wicket of Stoneman, followed by a smart run-out of Moeen Ali, England U-19 were 53 for 3 and devoid of their best batsmen.

That turned out to be their downfall. Nelson played a stonewall innings of 66, but failed to capitalise on the medium-pace trundling from Benjamin, and neither Hamilton-Brown, Wright nor Mullaney upped the run rate significantly. Despite 13 extras, the hosts could only muster 181 for 5 - a total that looked very modest.

So it was. The opening partnership between Mamesh and Jasotharan shortened the odds of a Webhead win considerably, with Huw Waters dismissed with ease - when his deliveries weren't escaping wicket-keeper Simpson and going down to fine leg for wides, that is. Jasotharan and Mamesh added 73 in 12 overs, a fine rate, and from then on it was about securing the win. Jasotharan was out attempting a huge hoik off James, ending his innings with the top score of 47, but Ben Vaughan impressed with good running as he got 45 not out. James got three wickets, but also bowled no-balls that were hit for six, and in the end the Webheads won with more than fifteen overs to spare - though their mid-innings performance, when they went from 132 for 2 to 179 for 5, gave the hosts some hope of coming back in the next game.

England Under-19 181 for 5 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Under-19 182 for 5 (34.5 overs)
Cricket Web Under-19 won by five wickets
Man of the Match: Shan Jasotharan

Attachments

David

International 12th Man
What's going on lads?

Why am I not in the squad? I'm under 19'.........:ph34r:

In all seriousness, good to see the youth playing well :)

*** EDIT *** Håk would have to post the game just as I posted....

Last edited:

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Hmmm, I think I had a better 1st game and get a MOTM here! I'll take anyway

Well done team, I suppose the UK don't stand a chance at all, Let's hope somewhere in Europe does, Or Let's go To Australia and beat them!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Dizzy #4 said:
Hmmm, I think I had a better 1st game and get a MOTM here! I'll take anyway

Well done team, I suppose the UK don't stand a chance at all, Let's hope somewhere in Europe does, Or Let's go To Australia and beat them!
Its only one match mate, there is still a long way to go in the tour, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.

We played guys, a brilliant display a defensive bowling there, never really let them get into the game at all. Also some great batting from Jaso, Thamba and Ben to close out the match in good style.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just noticed this OD series unfortunately, as it happened when I was away from the internet.

Very happy with the CW U19 efforts, and the performances by myself. Glad to finally take an U19 wicket after my wicketless debut series. Jaso's been putting in some good scores, as has Vaughan, while the other batsmen have all contributed some decent scores. With the ball, Gundry's bowled nice and tightly, Edmunds hasn't done much wrong, and Benjamin's come out with very nice figures of 1/35 and 0/27. Hopefully we can keep up this winning habit for the rest of the series.