• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW U19s in Europe

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kweek said:
because thats team is of last year? and the team that we have this year is diffrent from that one ? and the team we have this year did challange the U17's of last year(more so then this squad anyway) and some talented kids in that squad ! (and i'd know eh:P )
The U17 squad included Kervezee. No wonder it challenged. :p

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
haha true.
talking about Kervezee, there was something about him in the paper, some important dutch guy saying: Kervezee is the dutch Donald Bradman :O how stupid is that to say about a 16 year old kid, he already is a bit arrogant, this might worsen it :/

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
As a result of infromation obtained from the CWLand Births and Deaths Office, here is an updated Players' List

On the website it has Matt Smith listed as 18, but from my investigations he made his debut at the ripe old age of 27. If he likes to consider himself for Under 19 selection or not, can he confirm which as accurate.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Scotland and Ireland were chosen over Holland and Denmark, as they were the top two Under 19s sides from Europe over last 12 months. As well as the fact that Holland will be playing CW XI at the time, we felt it was more important, for the other countries to get competitive matches.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
They're rioting in the streets of Riga. ICC overlooking the little guys yet again.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Hey tharmi, I'm not on that list, and I'm under 19. IRL and in the sim. I started at 16, and this'll be my third season.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
cricketboy29 said:
Hey tharmi, I'm not on that list, and I'm under 19. IRL and in the sim. I started at 16, and this'll be my third season.
Your 20 in CW years, thats all i know...

Most of the guys on the list have only played one or two seasons...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
So, there was a group birthday, and everyone's a year older than the last U/19 tour?

Or is it done by our actual birthdates?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
So, there was a group birthday, and everyone's a year older than the last U/19 tour?

Or is it done by our actual birthdates?
Group, is probably the best way to explain it. Liam just told us that as Season X finished everyone is a year older.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
Group, is probably the best way to explain it. Liam just told us that as Season X finished everyone is a year older.
OK, just wondering, as previously I think I'd been told otherwise.

Thanks to the U/19 board for bestowing me the honour of U/19 captain last tour, and good luck to the next player to take on the role.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah that was my fault as i thought the players would age, at start the next season.

Also thanks for your efforts as captain last tour, you did a great job, who over takes will have some big shoes to fill.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cricketboy29 said:
I thought nobody started at less than 17.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vic_orthdox said:
OK, just wondering, as previously I think I'd been told otherwise.

Thanks to the U/19 board for bestowing me the honour of U/19 captain last tour, and good luck to the next player to take on the role.
It's impossible to use birthdates to age people, because the only concept of CW time is the length of a season. A season length is taken as a year to keep things relatively simple.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It's impossible to use birthdates to age people, because the only concept of CW time is the length of a season. A season length is taken as a year to keep things relatively simple.
Yeah, I thought as much.

So, we're all like horses? Share the same birthday? :D

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
cricketboy29 said:
All horses share the same birthday?:huh:
In horseracing, there's an arbitary date where all horses born in the previous 12 months go from being a "x year old" to an "x+1 year old".

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Stedman announces himself available to play after some uncertain events in the past. However, I am fully committed to this U/19's tour and nothing else is the selectors choose to pick me. Wow...deep.