• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

cpr

International Coach
Dunno man, sure you get time off from the family to go out on the lash with local mates, surely you can wring a day out from the missis in exchange for lots of cooking tea/cleaning/running bath duties. Always willing to offer a lift down, its not like a trip east is too far a diversion.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Find it amazing these things dont get orgainsed more often.

Ill currently in UK and will be back 1st week of Sept.

Langeveldt

Soutie

Ill currently in UK and will be back 1st week of Sept.
Back in the UK or back wherever else you are ending up?

I'm in all likelihood here until October now (yeah tell me about it).. Nice to have my first full summer for 3 years though.. If it stopped raining :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Only issue for me is money. With fuel prices getting more expensive seemingly by the day, it now costs me ~£60 to get to Birmingham and back - and that's pretty much the least furthest I'd have to travel for a meet. Then there's other expenses when you're there - nets, food etc. which take it up towards £70 or even £80.

Obviously, finding a mutually convenient time too is sometimes a problem too. If only 3 people can go, it's not really worth spending aforementioned amounts on it.

cpr

International Coach
*bump*

Any life in this idea. As it stands, i'd probably say i'd be there if it did, would call it 70%

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Still think August 9th is the best bet. We need everyone who wants to come to absolutely confirm then absolutely confirm that date is fine with them.

PY

International Coach
You're driving all the way up to the North East? Goon.

I think I'm going to have to duck out again unless the meeting happens in morning, found out I have to be in Aber by 5pm to pick up the admin stuff and won't have anywhere to sleep if I don't make it so need to leave Brum at 1ish (on the safe side).

Mostly coming for knockabout to be honest so if that happened first during the morning, then I'll be there but I ain't paying entry for a couple of hours of county cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Darlington v Exeter, first league game. Not missing it.
FFS, bloody football.

TBH with my current financial situation ("only" £9,000 left) really I don't want to be spending extravagances like petrol to Birmingham and back. So if no Pickup, no Young, maybe it's best we put the thing on hold for the time being.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Did this ever happen?

Anyway, Ill be in UK from 4th to 16th of Sept.

Ive a number of things on but it would be great to try and squeeze a CW net in.

I dont know if anyone else would be up for it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't see me being able to manage it currently TBH - shame as I always like to if possible, especially when people I've never met before are involved, but I'm really rather surprisingly busy currently. And also I don't want to be wasting money.