• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Craig

World Traveller
luckyeddie said:
No takers for Bristol on July 9, Gloucestershire v Surrey?

Official CricketWeb Clarkewatch?

I need to know by tomorrow at the latest.
Send me a plan ticket, I will take care of my passport and I'm up for it.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
I'm up for a day trip to Brizzle - anyone else?
Good on you - my son's pestering me to come down that day because he's coming back up to Derby that same evening - and wants to blag a lift (as opposed to me who wants to get a life).

We'll discuss details later. Anyone else? Zoider..... and Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaasties all round.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pratyush said:
I want to meet Ginger, the Duck, Freddie :(
You could really test out Bristol's claim to have an 'international airport' (probably means they run a Cessna route to Cardiff once a month) by flying in from Calcutta/Kolkata.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
luckyeddie said:
You could really test out Bristol's claim to have an 'international airport' (probably means they run a Cessna route to Cardiff once a month) by flying in from Calcutta/Kolkata.
I could really. But I am not brave enough to test Calcutta's claim to its international airport.

Langeveldt

Soutie
luckyeddie said:
Daily service to New York I'll have you hear...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Daily service to New York I'll have you hear...
Well knock me down with Andrew Symonds' breath after a night out with the lads.

I heard those Cessnas were economical, but I never realised they could fly THAT far.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jamee999 said:
If someone can give me a lift, *cough*LE* I'll be happy to come.
Not sure how I'll be able to arrange that, but don't worry. I just might be popping over to Leicester on the following Friday to watch a day of the game against the sheep-stealers.

If that's the case, we'll arrange an official CricketWeb Pontingwatch (now that Cheaty's sodded off to Lancashire I can show my face again at Grace Road).

Sudeep

International Captain
I'd fly up to UK, but the airport here is closed due to the floods. :-O Might make my way there in a gondola, so watch out. :huh:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
More solid dates from my side.. for what it's worth. 11th August-1st September.. based in Guildford.
New solid dates. 28th July - 1st September. This may change, but that's highly unlikely.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
New solid dates. 28th July - 1st September. This may change, but that's highly unlikely.
I can see another 'Clarkewatch' coming on - I'll bring de dominors.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
OK, more solid arrangements...

Clarkewatch, 9 July, Brizzle.

Neil, if you get a train from Exeter (costs about 23 p for students, I believe, on your skivers railcard), it takes about an hour and a quarter to Temple Meads. 8.20 am will get you there at 9.36 (yeah, right). I'll meet you there and we'll get a taxi/bus up to Bishopston.

Pontingbaiting and Official Langerwatch plus applied Cheatycalling, Friday, 15 July, Grace Road, Leicester.

This is ON - definitely. Midlands CW members more than welcome - may even bring the duck. We can meet at the train station (2 mile walk to the ground - that's probably how I'll do it because I'll be travelling to Leicester from Brizzle that morning) or at the ground

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
On the 15th, I'll be going on holiday, so I don't know If I'll make it, but I'd be able to make the weekend of the 9th at GR ;)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jamee999 said:
On the 15th, I'll be going on holiday, so I don't know If I'll make it, but I'd be able to make the weekend of the 9th at GR ;)
Shame, that. No, the Saturday trip to Brizzle is non-negotiable, I'm afraid, and of course the following Friday at Grace Road is my only chance to see the 2005 bread-stealers at first hand owing to work commitments.