• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Goughy said:
Decent action on the ball from Neil (assuming its an offspinner).

Good seam position with what looks like some overspin included to make life hard for the batsman.

Wilf Rhodes said that spinners must get the ball above the eyeline of the batsman in order to force them to move their head and eyes and make judgement more difficult.

Congrats to Neil for upholding the fine traditional values of English spin bowling :)

Good photos BTW
Well this post proves it. Neil is such a pathetic legspinner that he's a traditional English offspinner.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
And Richard, I get called Rich because otherwise it would get confusing, plus I don't like being called Richard so much...
Nor do I...
Rich H and Rich D seems simple enough to me...

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
The fellow at the bottom is Richard Dickinson?
TT Boy said:
Richard>Makhaya Ntini.
I'm not actually bowling, BTW... that's just impersonating someone at the fall of a wicket, can't remember who, I usually do about 50 per innings...

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I can't believe someone so boring could look so normal.

Kinda hot, almost. :naughty:

(and I don't mean Neil)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voltman said:
I doubt Neil would be able to spot it either, through those glasses. :D
I think the ball being right at the top of the frame is one of those perspective/parallax problems - sort-of like an optical illusion caused by the cameraman lying on the ground when he took the picture.

Must have been Neil's second delivery then.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Richard said:
I'm not actually bowling, BTW... that's just impersonating someone at the fall of a wicket, can't remember who, I usually do about 50 per innings...
Looks like you're doing Andre Nel there, to me.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I thought he was out, nicked it behind to give Richard his only wicket..

First chance average? Bloody Fifteenth chance average more like..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
I thought he was out, nicked it behind to give Richard his only wicket..

First chance average? Bloody Fifteenth chance average more like..
Nah, Richard's wicket came when the other opener played a nothing shot and guided a nothing ball to backward point/gully. The photo above is when Yaxley nicked it to the keeper but the umpire didn't notice.