• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Trip To Paris is one of the best horses in the race, but I just have some reservations over his prep. His best races in the UK have been over 3600 to 4000 metres and with long gaps in between. He came to Australia and ran a hell of a race over 2400 in the Caulfield Cup, and now a couple of weeks later he's stepping up to 3200. I just wonder if Caulfield might have flattened him a bit. But now he'll probably prove me wrong with a spectacular win.

I'll go with Fame Game, Preferment, Who Shot Thebarman and Gust Of Wind.

I can't see Criterion figuring in the finish. Good horse, but he's a son of a Golden Slipper winner trying to run 3200 metres. Not for me.

_Ed_

Well, I was wrong about Criterion. Huge run from him.

Never even looked at Prince Of Penzance, but always good to see a NZ-bred horse win. And maybe Australians will start to realise that women can ride horses too now. They're a bit behind us on that one.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
So... I know there's a few posters who come onto this thread that have a good knowledge as regards horse racing... Been awhile since I have been to a meeting so I guess I am picking their brains... Going to Leopardstown for the Irish Gold Cup...any hints as to what horses are worth placing money on?

flibbertyjibber

Don Poli will win it before winning at Cheltenham. You won't get very good odds though as the bookies are running scared of Willie Mullins.

vogue

Ladies Day it Aintree tomorrow...the Daily Mail will go into overdrive with all the pictures of the Liverpool Ladies lol.. Horse Racing will be secondary...

flibbertyjibber

Horse racing will be top of the agenda after Gullinbursti was killed at Bechers.

Anyway I hope Silviniaco Conti wins the big one tomorrow though I doubt he will stay the trip. Also done Holywell and Wonderful Charm, best race in years as there are so many classy horses running.

vogue

Horse racing will be top of the agenda after Gullinbursti was killed at Bechers.

Anyway I hope Silviniaco Conti wins the big one tomorrow though I doubt he will stay the trip. Also done Holywell and Wonderful Charm, best race in years as there are so many classy horses running.
Ay it will ..was being slightly facetious there about the Daily Fail...

Silviniaco Conti will lack stamina I think..as Wonderful Charm... but Holywell looks interesting for sure...I have a fancy for Ucello Conti,half brother to Silviniaco Conti and maybe Goonyella and Saint Are.. but there are a lot of good horses running so hopefully will be a good race with no horrible incidents.

vogue

Great win by Rule The World at today's Grand National. Dave Mullins only 19. Great stuff. Horse had an amazing ride.

_Ed_

A pretty unbelievable performance from Winx today. Special to watch. I've always rated Sunline as easily the best 1600-2000m mare I've seen, but Winx is really forcing herself into the conversation.