• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

Bobisback

International Regular
I'm still spewing that the Caviar-Queen exacta paid 2.40. I deadset thought it would pay closer to 1.40 so I didnt invest heavily on it. ffs.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, I really loved Champions Day at Ascot. Wonderful concept, and every race was fantstic. Bit gutted that So You Think just got pipped by the French horse (not an omen for next week, I hope), but credit to the winner. And Frankel, Dancing Rain and Fame And Glory were superb.

_Ed_

I'd probably just favour Frankel, but it's so hard to compare the two - neither has ever tasted defeat or even looked like doing so. Frankel wins by much bigger margins, but that doesn't really mean anything since Black Caviar has never been fully extended. The only thing that tilts it in Frankel's favour for me is that he has been beating stronger opposition this year.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Hay List would be a great sprinter in any other era and she has just left him behind.

It's hard to frank form across seasons, but consider the success that Aussie sprinters have had at Royal Ascot and Newmarket over the years - Starspangledbanner, Takeover Target, Miss Andretti etc. While they haven't all won, they've been very good, but as far as I'm concerned she's at least 4 lengths better than them.

flibbertyjibber

I'd probably just favour Frankel, but it's so hard to compare the two - neither has ever tasted defeat or even looked like doing so. Frankel wins by much bigger margins, but that doesn't really mean anything since Black Caviar has never been fully extended. The only thing that tilts it in Frankel's favour for me is that he has been beating stronger opposition this year.
This is why I rate Frankel more, he is beating stronger opposition, would be great to see Black Caviar take in Royal Ascot or Breeders Cup and we'd know thenjust how good she is.

That latest Frankel result was frightening as Immortal Verse beat Goldikova who is widely regarded as one of the best ever and Immortal Verse was 7 lengths back in third.

We are privileged to be in an era with so many great horses over the last few years. We will probably be looking back in 30 years in the same way that people do now about Nijinsky, Mill Reef etc...

_Ed_

That latest Frankel result was frightening as Immortal Verse beat Goldikova who is widely regarded as one of the best ever and Immortal Verse was 7 lengths back in third.
Yeah, except I think Goldie's amazing powers have waned a bit this year. She's not quite the horse she was - I think her shock defeat in the Prix de la Foret shows that. Four years of racing at Group 1 level taking its toll.

But Immortal Verse has been great this season anyway - she beat a strong field in the Coronation Stakes as well.

flibbertyjibber

Goldikova probably isn't as good as she was but she was mighty close to beating Canford Cliffs and Immortal Verse who were both made to look ordinary by Frankel which shows he is a freak. Goldikova is a bit like Sea The Stars in that the wins they get were never as brilliant on the eye as they always just did enough, Frankel just crushes the field.

_Ed_

Black Caviar amazing again.

Getting nervous now about the Cox Plate. Come on, Jimmy.

Bobisback

International Regular
Black Caviar amazing again.

Getting nervous now about the Cox Plate. Come on, Jimmy.
Got an all up going into him than into Lady Lynette. Very decent return if it gets up, but both drifters.

Will be nervous for about 40 minutes if Jimmy gets up.

_Ed_

Good run, but just a little bit disappointed that he didn't lift when Pinker Pinker drew alongside him.

Full credit to the winner, though.

_Ed_

Gutted to hear that dual G1 winner Lion Tamer suffered a serious injury and had to be put down after the race. :( He was an excellent horse.