• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree, think there must be something wrong with her at the moment. She's comfortably better than Red Ruler, who finished well ahead of her in this race.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
To avoid queues on Cup day, I've put my bets on. Each way bets on Nom Du Jeu and Mad Rush, a quinella with the aforementioned along with C'est La Guerre and a trifecta featuring NDJ and MR on top, those two, C'est La Guerre and Profound Beauty for second and the previous four along with Septimus, Zipping, Varevees and Prize Lady for third.

_Ed_

Sounds pretty good to me.

I really rate C'est La Guerre, he's my pick for the race.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I've been big on C'est La Guerre for his last few starts and he appears to be improving with every run, crying out for more distance. However, it looks like there are only going to be brief showers today before two sunny days, so I don't think the track will be perfect for him. Still, he seems fairly adaptable, so I'd definitely like to see him run second behind one of my first picks.

howardj

International Coach
We're off to a Winery tomorrow at 10:30am with work - plan on getting off me chops.

Anyway, at this stage, leaning gently towards Zipping.

howardj

International Coach
Yeah, putting a small wager on is just as exciting down the home-straight as a big wager.

My final bets, given I was still a bit gun shy after Geelong's capitulation, were:

Mad Rush: $20 for a win (@ odds of $5.50)
Barbaricus: $10 for a win (@ odds of $18)
Alessandro Volta: $10 for a win (@ odds of $61)

_Ed_

It's 8:45am local time, and there's currently $4.3 million in the win pool. Insane stuff.

Burgey

Well, don't **** with Bart on Cup Day I suppose.

Man's a freak.

What about the trifecta - paying $21K+ in NSW - must have been the next mystery out of the machine after mine....

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I ended up losing just a small bit, ended up having each way bets on Mad Rush and Bauer plus went for the trifecta I had up above too.

Was slightly angry that the race wasn't 10 metres longer, cause Bauer would have gotten him, my mate won a good amount on Viewed, so all good.

Simon

Won dead set nothing on the cup, but did pretty well on some of the earlier races so not all that disappointed really.

_Ed_

Phenomenal stuff from Bart.

Really thrilled with CLG too. Next year.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Well, don't **** with Bart on Cup Day I suppose.

Man's a freak.

What about the trifecta - paying $21K+ in NSW - must have been the next mystery out of the machine after mine....
I, once again, went terribly on the punt. However, one guy we were watching the race with managed 25% of the trifecta which, in NZ, paid $28,994. The beer flowed after that....

Then, another guy picked up $1300 from a trifecta and me and the original big winner shared $250 from a trifecta.... I'm up now because I can never sleep with lots of beer in the system..

howardj

International Coach
Lost about $50 on Tuesday.

Thanks goodness for alcohol - when one vice goes bad, you can always turn to another.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Thrilled for ARA Fieldes, with Capecover pouring it on in the straight to win the Queen Elizabeth just minutes ago. He was unlucky not to get a start in the Melbourne Cup, and Alexander is one of the nicest blokes in NZ racing - so a Australian Group Three race is an awesome result.