• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

Josh

International Regular
Tawqeet is hard to go past, but I will probably find a way to void that statement.

Had a dry spell the last 2 years; unlike me for Melbourne Cup betting. I'd collected winnings every year since I was 9 until 2 years ago.

I am aware of the ethical disgust this might cause to some.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Slats4ever said:
don't take such an aggressive tone mate. I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose and didn't have any intention of doing something wrong!!!
I didn't mean to have an agressive tone, was just simply pointing it out to the bloke. Just because I didn't litter the post with a few stupid and pointless ":)"'s and ":p"'s.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Josh said:
Tawqeet is hard to go past, but I will probably find a way to void that statement.

Had a dry spell the last 2 years; unlike me for Melbourne Cup betting. I'd collected winnings every year since I was 9 until 2 years ago.

I am aware of the ethical disgust this might cause to some.
Yeah im on a dry spell for the cup...

Before the last 2 years i had picked the Trifecta 4 years running..

Usually box 5 horses for $60.... Last 2 years though i havent picked it up..

2004 i missed it by 1, had 1st 2nd and 4th...

Im hoping to get back on track this year..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone interested in a fantasy Punters Club??

Basically each week everyone gets say $100 fantasy money to bet with, and using TAB odds we see who wins the most money??

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im backing 4 horses, ill have a few exacta's, each ways etc...

4 Tawqeet
15 Ice Chariot
23 Maybe Better
24 Efficient

Simon

Ive gone with
Exacta - Yeats/Mandela
Exacta - Yeats/Ice Chariot
Win + Place - Maybe Better
Win + Place - Ice Chariot
Win - Efficient
Win - Tawqeet

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I dreamt last night that an international horse won by heaps. So I'm gonna have to put a li'l bit of dough on 'em, because if one of them wins now and I don't have cash I'll be spewing.

_Ed_

I'm going for Zabeat, because that price is just ridiculous even though I don't think he can win. Olivier Doleuze gets on well with the horse and he's proven at the distance...but that run on Saturday was terrible.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
Ive gone with
Exacta - Yeats/Mandela
Exacta - Yeats/Ice Chariot
Win + Place - Maybe Better
Win + Place - Ice Chariot
Win - Efficient
Win - Tawqeet
Oh, you're kidding me...

You've just killed off half the horses i have selected...

Good work...

Simon

Blewy said:
Oh, you're kidding me...

You've just killed off half the horses i have selected...

Good work...
:laugh: Start looking somewhere else champ

Simon

Efficient scratched from the melbourne cup, a real shame and Tawqeet is in some doubt...

_Ed_

I'm glad they scratched Efficient, running in the Cup would have been a huge ask for such a young and inexperienced horse. Looking forward to seeing much more of him in the future.

Great race today, full credit to the stablemates Delta Blues and Pop Rock who fought out a great finish.

Simon

yeh was a great finish, so many disapointing performances though, Maybe Better gave it a good run but the Japanese Horses were well and trully too good...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Closest Melbourne Cup finish in history... Super Race by the Japanese horses, they showed the International raiders the way to do things, Get here early and have a pre-cup run in the Caufield Cup...

Next year will be interesting.. Im expecting a heap of Japanese raiders....

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
I'm sure the trainer got alot out of taking Eye Popper to Melbourne last year, because the preperation was spot on. Will be interesting to see now if there are more from Japan now...

Its also sad to see the lack off good Australian bred stayers at the moment...just doesn't seem to be many about that are up to the top level.

_Ed_

Have heard a few people say recently that it's because there's much more emphasis on speed now in breeding in Australasia and that's really starting to show in the results.

That'll probably change again some time, but until then it won't surprise me if we see a lot of international horses winning, and even the Australian-trained runners may have been bred offshore and bought by Australian owners aiming to have a Cup runner.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, realistically apart from the Caufield and Melbourne Cups there are no really top class staying events, and apart from all the City Cups (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide etc) there are no events over 3000m anywhere...

Thats the problem... Emphasis on Australian Racing is in sprints and the intermediate and middle distance races... Staying races apart from the Cups offer no value to trainers... If we are to produce more stayers then they need to offer more races for these types of horses...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Just to add to that, what annoys me is the Aussie trainers complaining about their rank average stayers not getting a start in the field...

Seriously look at some of the rank performances from Aussie horses today... Ice Chariot and Zabeat(even though its a Kiwi) both have not finished closer then 15 lengths from the winner in their past 2 starts and yet they get a start... Seriously some of the complaints from people in regards to the cup is a joke.. the best horses should run, whether they are from Australia, or Overseas...