• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Cricket Web 'A' in Southern Africa

luffy

International Captain
Shame, i'll be away when the tour is on, just hoping i can come back and see that i have made some scores.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty sure there is a two day delay in the schedule due to the delay in the West Indies tour schedule. Also i can't remember the last time a squad was named more then two days before the first game was meant to be played. That ODI squad is probably one of early ones i've seen as we had less issues with the player group selected.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pretty sure I remember a Vimes post saying it was going to be announced right after the ODI squad.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Was overoptimistic. (I think the point I was trying to make was that the ODI squad needed to be selected first, then the A squad.)

Nevertheless, discussions are underway.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The CWBCC today announced the 14-man touring squad for the seven first-class matches:

*Daniel Smith (Black)
Ashley Arnold (Black)
Gerard Armstrong (Black)
Sean Bennett (Red)
Nick Borcich (Black)
Adam Collins (Blue)
Bryce Cunningham (Green)
Sean Fuller (Blue)
Andrew Garven (Green)
Shan Jasotharan (Colts, wk)
David Kearsley (Red)
Dave Richards (Black)
Nick Scott (Green)
Greg Thomas (Colts)

Test veterans Richards, Kearsley and Thomas get a chance, while Daniel Smith is a sure member of the line-up and therefore gets captaincy honours on tour.

Last edited: