• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** County Cricket 2020

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Somerset going to regret piddling on yesterday. The latest they should have declared when Overton got his hundred, possibly even before that. Teams haven't looked like scoring 200 vs Somerset this year, let alone the 290 or so Somerset were ahead on first innings.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Somerset going to regret piddling on yesterday. The latest they should have declared when Overton got his hundred, possibly even before that. Teams haven't looked like scoring 200 vs Somerset this year, let alone the 290 or so Somerset were ahead on first innings.
It's good for Worcestershire that we've wrapped up the win. Hoping a combination of the rain and Warwickshire can hold on.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Dan Lawrence is back and trying to lead a tight run chase against Sussex. Currently 58* in the 4th innings, with Essex chasing the highest score of the game to win.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hah great win for Hampshire in the end.

Surrey having a less than good season in must be said.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Dan Lawrence is back and trying to lead a tight run chase against Sussex. Currently 58* in the 4th innings, with Essex chasing the highest score of the game to win.
He's out pretty much the moment I hit 'post'.

Quite a few sides being rescued by rain this week, Warks the most egregious

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Hah great win for Hampshire in the end.

Surrey having a less than good season in must be said.
And that's being generous. I did wonder if Hampshire had spent too long dawdling along rather than declaring their innings, but clearly not. I think it's fair enough inexperienced bowlers struggling and Patel being out of his depth at the top of the order. But Stoneman and Borthwick have done nothing all season, and Roy didn't offer much more in this match. Morkel was probably rusty, but he didn't actually do much last season, when his returns were well down on 2018. I think we can expect a bit of a clear-out before next season.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Cracking finish at Hove, with Essex's last 5 wickets needed 24 to win but now their last 3 wickets still need 24. Paul Walter (who?) appears to be the key batsman now.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'm watching it actually. Claydon offering a bit too much width there, but the game was probably up already.

Woodster

International Captain
Another fantastic game (and win) for Essex! Low scoring game produced another thriller but we do need our batsmen to hit a bit of form at some point. We’ve seen some decent cameos from Wheater, ten Doeschate, Cook, Lawrence today, Khushi, Browne, which have been enough so far but no one really piling the runs on.
It obviously helps when Simon Harmer has taken 28 wickets already and Jamie Porter 18!

Chubb

International Regular
Another fantastic game (and win) for Essex! Low scoring game produced another thriller but we do need our batsmen to hit a bit of form at some point. We’ve seen some decent cameos from Wheater, ten Doeschate, Cook, Lawrence today, Khushi, Browne, which have been enough so far but no one really piling the runs on.
It obviously helps when Simon Harmer has taken 28 wickets already and Jamie Porter 18!
Winning is a habit, but you have to wonder how many times they can pull the rabbit out of the hat.

tony p

First Class Debutant
J Overton going to surrey, that's a big surprise. Joining for the next round of fixtures?
Maybe he should change his mind and stay at Taunton.

I assume Surrey offered him good money, it's not like Somerset players don't get picked for England. ( Bess, Leach, Banton, His Brother)

chris.hinton

International Captain
Wonderful win for Worcester. I'm starting to believe we can win the group...well not really

Somerset were unlucky to be rained off vs Warwicks, They would have won.

Will post the tables

chris.hinton

International Captain
Tables after 3 games

Central

Worcestershire 57
Somerset 56
Gloucestershire 34
Warwickshire 29
Glamorgan 26
Northants 17

North

Derbyshire 57
Yorkshire 55
Lancashire 35
Leicestershire 35
Nottinghamshire 29
Durham 16

South

Essex 61
Hampshire 45
Kent 42
Middlesex 39
Sussex 25
Surrey 9

As it stands. Essex will go to the final but wouldn't know who would join them out of Derby and Worcester as both on the same points. But 2 rounds to go and all will change

Chubb

International Regular
Maybe he should change his mind and stay at Taunton.

I assume Surrey offered him good money, it's not like Somerset players don't get picked for England. ( Bess, Leach, Banton, His Brother)
Have you ever been to Taunton? Maybe he just wants to live in London for a bit eh.

tony p

First Class Debutant
If two teams finish level on points to make the final, as it stands now, Derbyshire & Worcestershire, how is the tiebreak decided, assuming they win the same number of games, is it more batting or bowling bonus points, net run rate.

In the unlikely event , two teams are level in all aspects, do they have a playoff match to reach the final.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If two teams finish level on points to make the final, as it stands now, Derbyshire & Worcestershire, how is the tiebreak decided, assuming they win the same number of games, is it more batting or bowling bonus points, net run rate.

In the unlikely event , two teams are level in all aspects, do they have a playoff match to reach the final.
I couldn't find a definitive answer to that anywhere. As the tables show NRR but don't show bonus points, maybe that's the answer.