• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

Howe_zat

Audio File
Bairstow comes in just before lunch with the score on 40/3, immediately starts hitting fours and sixes off the fastest bowler

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kyle Jarvis opting out of internationals still ticks me off but at least he's actually playing this season.

Hard to look past Sussex for promotion this season despite the dodgy performance last week. Essex getting Nashed down in Hove

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Thought so at 40/3 after 20. Next 20 overs 100/0, so, um, dunno
Possibly reinforces the view that Bairstow's a class above nearly everyone in D1 nowadays.

However, I'm only going from the scorecard, so who knows. He may have edged them all between keeper and first slip for all I know.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I wish someone would remind Broad that he can't bat anymore
This is normally what happens before he takes 8-45 and then doesn't play for Notts for another year

Actually think 200+ is enough for this attack to have the Lancs batting lineup for breakfast

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is there room for Butler and Bairstow in the team now Taylor is done? Or will the spot just go to Ballance

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Is there room for Butler and Bairstow in the team now Taylor is done? Or will the spot just go to Ballance
Or Bell.

Rightly or wrongly, they'll probably stick to the view that Bairstow has done way better at 7 than 5 so don't fix something that isn't broken.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Buttler won't play in the next test unless Bairstow's injured. If he wanted to make a case he wouldn't be playing for the Super Ultrasixers or whatever

Howe_zat

Audio File
Robson and Lyth's tons plus Bell's big score last week make 'runs for people dropped by England' a bit of a theme so far. Even Chris Read's scoring runs

Meanwhile Compton bags a golden duck

Tom Flint

International Regular
Im at lords today the catch for comptons wicket was unbelievable..i havent seen a replay but in real time looked absolutely top drawer
warks have bowled quite well tbh but robson and gubbins barely gave them a sniff esp robbo who has looked superb