• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Gotta love the aussie commentators. When McGrath dropped his catch Bill felt a bit sorry for him because of the wind and Slater ( or possibly Healy i can't remember) thought he might have some rain in his eyes. Oh poor old Glen. When Taylor dropped his catch early on it was just terrible fielding and poor technique.
I still enjoy Bill's enthusiasm though.
Absolutely agree. McGrath's catch was easier than Taylor's because he had plenty of time to get under it. Some of the commentary is incredibly biased.

It made me laugh that they were stating, "On the evidence of the last few overs, Australia's death bowling is not an issue." That comment was made in the first few overs after the resumption; possibly the two overs that cost NZ the match (only nine or ten runs scored). The fact that Australia's strongest bowling attack nearly failed to defend 344 in the better bowling conditions makes me think the comments were somewhat optimistic.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Gotta love the aussie commentators. When McGrath dropped his catch Bill felt a bit sorry for him because of the wind and Slater ( or possibly Healy i can't remember) thought he might have some rain in his eyes.
Having not heard that particular comment, I'd still put a large some of money on it having been Healy. The man is a disgrace, IMO. Tubby Taylor should also stick to spruiking for Fujitsu - although he's pretty piss poor at that too.

pup11

International Coach
Yeah no doubt that heals can be more than irritating with the kind of weird comments he makes. But my favourite bloke is Dean jones , its a pity since he made that comment about amla he has been banned. I hope he comes back as a commentator he is real fun to listen.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
McGrath made a real meal of his in the end. Obviously it was swirling (and I don't know if most cricket fans understand how much more the ball swirls in a stadium, unlike at a local ground) but if he had've just taken four steps back from where he started from, it would have been hitting him on the head.

pup11

International Coach
There is no way NZ Should have got this close.(even if oram played knock of life)

Its pretty obvious if pidge wasn't there we would have lost. I think this problem is really serious because no matter how many runs we make we always seem falter defending it.
When our batting clicks our bowling is off colour and same the other way around. This is an area we need to do a lot of thinking about, to defend our world cup crown in a months time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Its pretty obvious if pidge wasn't there we would have lost. I think this problem is really serious because no matter how many runs we make we always seem falter defending it.
When our batting clicks our bowling is off colour and same the other way around. This is an area we need to do a lot of thinking about, to defend our world cup crown in a months time.
Interesting call considering he bowled absolute trash in his first spell and dropped two catches.

Fiery

Banned
Ever considered that maybe the Black Caps batted quite well pup?

Isolator

State 12th Man
When you examine a team's performance - particularly from a fan/supporter's POV - you generally try to figure out what you've done right, what you haven't, what areas can you improve in, etc. You're not concerned about how the opposition played.

pup11

International Coach
No its not that black caps were not good, they were excellent and i think they even deserved to win. But my main concern as a aussie supporter is that our batting and bowling is not clicking together in one match, and this is going on for a while so i am worried. As for pidge he might have gone for runs in his 1st spell, but when it mattered he showed his class at the death overs.

pup11

International Coach
Yesterday Ricky did a Roy keane?

I was last thing but happy with ricky when he criticised his mates yesterday openly. Yes they went for runs but the problems could have been discussed inside the dressing room . First ricky gives a bowl to a guy like mitch who is inexperienced to bowl at the death (nothing wrong with it this is how he will learn) but at the end openly criticising all his bowlers is not going to wonders to their confidence.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I was last thing but happy with ricky when he criticised his mates yesterday openly. Yes they went for runs but the problems could have been discussed inside the dressing room . First ricky gives a bowl to a guy like mitch who is inexperienced to bowl at the death (nothing wrong with it this is how he will learn) but at the end openly criticising all his bowlers is not going to wonders to their confidence.
You've already mentioned that. And how come you didn't respond to either Slow Love or myself, who refuted your claim that no team that didn't have a good spinner had won the World Cup?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No its not that black caps were not good, they were excellent and i think they even deserved to win. But my main concern as a aussie supporter is that our batting and bowling is not clicking together in one match, and this is going on for a while so i am worried. As for pidge he might have gone for runs in his 1st spell, but when it mattered he showed his class at the death overs.
If he didn't play though, I still think Australia would have won. So your comment was ridiculous.

Fiery

Banned
When you examine a team's performance - particularly from a fan/supporter's POV - you generally try to figure out what you've done right, what you haven't, what areas can you improve in, etc. You're not concerned about how the opposition played.
OK