• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series 2007-08

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's bucketing down here at the moment, cant see any cricket being played anytime soon, I think the rain is supposed to clear this afternoon but it's very wet right now...

sideshowtim

Banned
Showing reruns of The Nanny? Oh dear..

Oh well, Fran Drescher's voice isn't nearly as excruciating as watching Upul Tharanga try to play quality quick bowling.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Please have play. I'm in law class right now and dyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnng!

jeevan

International 12th Man
Looks like a 29-over game is on. Does it look like there will be more rain interference or this was it?

Bowling first is probably a good choice, hope it doesnt tilt the scales too much.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Showing reruns of The Nanny? Oh dear..

Oh well, Fran Drescher's voice isn't nearly as excruciating as watching Upul Tharanga try to play quality quick bowling.
Haha.

I'd like to think I started the trend of not rating Tharanga. I probably didn't, but there seemed to be a lot of Tharanga love around until I started bagging him. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Great to see Kulasekara in the team and doing well. Always thought he was under-rated as a support bowler, particularly on wickets with a little bit of bounce.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like a 29-over game is on. Does it look like there will be more rain interference or this was it?

Bowling first is probably a good choice, hope it doesnt tilt the scales too much.
Pretty sunny at the moment, but it wouldnt surprise me if it rains later on looking at the clouds, maybe not till after the game is finished though...

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great to see Kulasekara in the team and doing well. Always thought he was under-rated as a support bowler, particularly on wickets with a little bit of bounce.
Just looks really hittable, and doesn't have a great deal of pace or variety to back up his accuracy. Personally I can't see him being a big success in ODI cricket. Good record in domestic cricket though, so he deserves a chance. I'd be very happy if I was proven wrong, it might mean that we see less of Fernando, which is a good thing.

I'll tell you what, this Rohit Sharma has something about him. That cut he played off Maharoof about an over ago - pure brilliance. Looked like Tendulkar.

Perm

Haha.

I'd like to think I started the trend of not rating Tharanga. I probably didn't, but there seemed to be a lot of Tharanga love around until I started bagging him. :p
I remember back when I thought he was good. Oh, how wrong I was :no: . Looks good when he's thrashing crap bowling.

JBH001

International Regular
Gambhir seems to be a good player of spin bowling. Murali may have a difficult day at the office (although shortened over games are hard for spinners).

Perm

Gambhir seems to be a good player of spin bowling.
Other than Tendulkar he's the best player of spin in this Indian side. Unfortunately, batting at #3, he usually gets out to seam bowling before he gets a chance to play the spinners. I think two of his three ODI centuries have come against Sri Lanka.